Take that Adobe!

I am an FCP expert and I can assure you this is an operator error.

FCP flat out crushes Premiere as is evident by the huge migration to the app. I can count on one hand the number of Macintosh Premiere users left and Dime is one of them. If Dime genuinely prefers Premiere, so be it, but I find it impossible to imagine any logical human being who has used and understands both programs to come to that conclusion.

Take a look at 2-pop.com for FCP advice.

As for requiring a powerhouse machine, it certainly helps, but I have edited documentaries on an iMac 400. It does get a bit bogged down on long projects on the iMac, but smaller stuff is pretty doable.

I also disagree on the notion that this is a bad move from Apple. I think it's brilliant, if only a little later than it should have been. The moment Express came out is when they should have been offering the deal.

Originally posted by Randman
If I were Adobe, I'd now offer Premiere for a $99 just to clean out inventory, then all the buys can trade it to Apple for FCE for a cut-rate price. Dang, I have FCP though. :)

Then, Apple would have to respond by making it freeware. ... Ok, I'm dreaming now. :D

I can buy a "copy" for USD2.00 in Cambodia do you think Apple will take it as a trade in.........::ha::

Originally posted by Dime5150
I still can't get used to FCP over premiere. and FCP needs a powerful computer to do anything. Can't even watch stuff in the FCP timeline that you edit you have to render it! In premiere you can just see it edited (this means no filters or transitions applied just cut up). So i'm sticking with premiere.

I took a video class for my major just last semester.
The video editing software for the class was Premiere. They were running on 1.25 GHz G4's.
You had to render almost everything before viewing it.

I decided to just use Final Cut Pro that I had on my Powerbook G3 (400 Mhz)

It wasn't a speed demon, but I enjoyed working with it over Premiere.

Originally posted by arden
I wish I had a copy of Premiere to trade in...
It doesn't look like it requires a particular version of Premier.

I have a CD somewhere for Premier 2.x.... I wonder if they'd take that?

If so I'd be willing to sell that disc for $25.:D

yes they will. Version number is not specified so any version works. The only unaccepted one i have found is LE versions ( i think that's light edition)

Back