takes 3 minutes to connect to the net

gigi

Registered
hi, when i start my mac i can connect to the net without any problems at all. but if my mac has been on for some time and i try to reconnect to the net , it "frezzes" for about 3 minutes after i press the conect button in "Internet Connect". when i say it "frezzes"....i mean the mouse icon moves very very very very slow, and if i click on an icon to open an application...the application will not open until "Internet Connect" has started . am running os X 10.0.4...any ideas on how to stop this are greatly appreciated thanks

I primarily use OSX and this is one of my biggest complaints. There does not seem to be a fix for it anywhere. I would have thought that Apple would fix it with 10.0.4, but no such luck.

Mine has frozen for as long as 6 minutes before!!

hotani,
try deleting the ppp.log file in the /private/tmp/ directory....i have done this a few times today and it seems to be working (then again i may just be having a good day)

sudo rm /private/tmp/ppp.log

I'm having the same problem but....

1) it has only been a real big problem since i upgraded to 10.0.4. Before it may have happened but only for about ten seconds. Now its up to two minutes!

2) I have two users. One for working and one for playing. The delay only happens in the working mode. No delay in the play mode. Could it be something to do with access priviledges?

Someone please find an answer!!

twister

well, I tried deleting the ppp.log file, and it still stalled, but only for a few seconds and I have not had a long hang since I did that, so maybe it did do something!

Back