Target.com/Mac mini

bobw

The Late: SuperMacMod
Target now selling Mac mini
January 21, 2005 - 12:23 EST In addition to the iPod and iPod mini, Target is now selling Apple's new Mac mini. It is not clear whether the low-cost Mac is only available from Target.com or if it will also be in the company's more than 1,200 stores across the U.S. Target's Web site currently lists both Mac mini configurations--the 1.25GHz/40GB and 1.42GHz/80GB models--for their list prices of US$499 and $599. Target first started selling the iPod in October 2002, but later dropped the product due to a dispute with Apple's reseller contract. In April 2003, the retailer began selling the device again.

Using this coupon code, you may be able to get 10% off;

TDWELCME2224

Good for Apple, but too bad it's with such an unrespectable retailer.

Who in that niche is better K-Mart? God forbid Walmart? Where do you go for your cheep plastic crap? ;-)

Wonder how it will go if they do put it into their retail stores. Don't imagine their staff will get the necessary training to adequately address any questions that may be posed by John Q. Public. Then again, with all the publicity the mini is getting, many shoppers might come in already determined to purchase it; others will simply fall in love with it at first sight. And if customers can just grab one off the rack and bring it up to the register without the assistance of a sales person, the minis should really fly out the door. Portability is great for impulse shopping!

id say i certainly have the neccisary training! I just wish they would put me in electronics once in a while. I allready get a 10% discount as an employee...i wonder if i can use both at the same time ;)

Actually it's just a knee jerk response some people have about the big discount stores.

Personally, I prefer Target over Wally World or Kmart. At least (locally) the Target store is clean. The way things are arranged it looks nice. The Walmart Supercenter smells like an armpit.

heh. yeah. I really like target. Allways have. I hate wallmart and the like. We try and make the shopping experiance less redneck and more apple store.

Yeah Target is head and shoulders above WalMart or K-Mart.

Still I shudder at the thought of the masses coming home with a mini and wondering where Windows is or why they can't install it...

Dan maybe now they'll assign you permanently to electronics - tell the managers they need you there! :)

yeah. Every adolecent male who works there wants electronics. Im hoping I can show them that I am a teir above the rest.

Here in Australia, Target and k-Mart are both owned by Coles-Myer. Neither sell Apple Products
Myer and Grace Bros. (the more exclusive Department Stores in the Coles-Myer Group) sell Apple Products, but Myer MegaMart (Giant Homewares and Electronics Stores) and OfficeWorks only sell iPods and Accessories.

Not exactly, in Australia Target, David Jones, Grace Bros and Myer all sell Apple's iPod and iPod mini. So do a couple of other Coles-Myer owned chains such as Dick Smith Electronics and OfficeWorks. K-Mart is not stocking any iPods as yet, but I'm sure they'll be keeping that option open. I know for a fact that in my little town I can get an iPod from no less than 6 places, and a Mac from 0.

i sold a mac mini today
a lady came up to me looking for shuffle acessories
she had ordered a 512 and received it earlier this week a(lucky duck)
we started talking, and I told her we were getting mac minis in.
I explained to her what they were, and she said that that wouled be great for her kids room.
She said she would come back and get one as soon as we got them it, :)

So you got a position in Electronics?

Congratulations! :)

Now can you get me a discount?

Just kidding (sort of :eek: )

i wonder if Apple is setting up resellers for failure. The stock 256MB that comes in the off the shelf product is not really the best of configurations. For someone who tweaks computers on a regular basis it is not a big deal. It could be a big deal for the less technically inclined.

So the only way to get a Mac mini that is "optimized" for memory is through Apple. Will performance at 256MB be bad enough to give the mini a bad reputation in the long run though...

andychrist said:
So you got a position in Electronics?

Congratulations! :)

Now can you get me a discount?

Just kidding (sort of :eek: )

I actually was just walking through, but the customer approached me. Im going to ask my boss tommorow if I can be put in electronics. (btw, I allready get a discount) :)

DanTekGeek said:
and what exactly do you mean by that?!
baldprof said:
Actually it's just a knee jerk response some people have about the big discount stores.

Has to do with certain policies they have which I don't agree with, nothing 'knee jerk' about it. If they can't respect the constitution, I won't respect them. I'll stick to Meijer or Wal-Mart, who do.

If you think Walmart respects the Constitution, then you either are not familiar with all of Walmart's policies (just ask some of their employees) or you aren't familiar with what is in the consitution.

For example, Walmart censors the music and videos that can be sold in their stores. And how about this: forcing employees to work "off the clock" to avoid federal regulations about overtime.

Think what you will about Target, but Walmart is far from a good employer or a good community member.

If you want to find out more about Walmart, then check out this:

http://home.centurytel.net/thundergod99/archives/ihatewalmart.html

mdnky...

I am intrigued. Which of Target's business practices are "unconstitional"?

Back