TCP/Ehternet Lock Up II

WhateverJoe

echo $row['what_tha'];
For the history = http://www.macosx.com/showthread.php?threadid=6305

I have realized something that may be involved with one of my systems odd TCP/Ethernet drops...

Since the first lock up, I had the system mail me the system.log just before the "Daily" script is ran and the log file archived.... And what I see as a trend is the following ....

I have an entery in the crontab file that updates the system time via ntpdate using time.apple.com.. every 45 minutes (The system looses correct time very fast) <-- onther issue I have with QuickSilver's .....

Just about every day there will be a log entery just after a
CRON[3853]: (root) CMD (ntpdate time.apple.com) | <--- log entery
that looks like this :

Oct 22 23:45:51 localhost mach_kernel: Tx Int Timeout - Comp = 0020 Kick = 0022 Int = 01000000

When any network protocols have quit responding... The log file shows lines like above every second for several minutes, then a log entery that states Ethernet Interface has failed... Then an entry that states it has restarted... but after the system thinks it has restarted... it has not in reality and requires a reboot...

What I have noticed is that each and everytime is came just after the ntpdate command and I think a failed connection or interupted connect during a time update might be behind my issue ....

I would stop using ntpdate to update the time... but having the correct time on the system is an absolute must, and the whole reason I have ntpdate in the crontab file is because the sync time System preference did not do crap... as in only updated the time on a boot up or log-on....

Any ideas? Is what I suggested a possible cause?

Thanks

Back