Tech Support Tools For Ten

stylewise

Registered
I work for a tech support team in a university setting and I am in charge of putting together next year's Macintosh support disk. This disk will
be given to team members for use in supporting student Macintoshes. Generally we run into hard drive, system corruption, Virus and network connection probems. Although all of these problems has eased significantly in OSX I would like to offer our team some tools in case these problems do occur.

What do you guys consider the top five support tools (freeware or not) for OSX? For OS9?

Thanks!

Stylewise

1. Diskwarrior
2. Plus Optimizer
3. Techtool Pro
4. Xoptimize
5. can't think of another on i ever relly use. i suppose virex 7 for osx. it is still free. but there are so few viruses for osx, it isn't a neccesary tool yet.

I just wanted to put a note of warning about Norton System Works and Drive 10. These two utilities have horrible reputation among users, although the companies that sell them say the hard drives the tools have ruined are isolated incidents. I wouldn't take the chance until they come out with some updates that users swear by instead of swear at.

Back