Terminal Background

buc99

Don't Tread on Me!
Does anyone know how to set a picture as the background for a terminal?
Is this even possible? I already know how to change the background color, but I can't seem to get a background picture.

Thanks,:)
SA

I'm guessing that was done by wetting the Dock transparency, then sticking a picture behind it, no?

A couple of the terminals for X-windows have this option. Its possible this terminal is either ported from Linux or is running on Xfree for OS X.

With all due respect, but I think the guys in Cupertino have better things to do than this. Most people who use the terminal appreciate that the system does what you tell it to do w/o trying to be fancy.

While the transparent terminal _can_ be useful at times, having a background picture doesn't help at all to get your work done.

Sargon

I have just checked, and the terminal that came with KDE has the ability to set a background. I'm sure a couple of other linux terminals do this too. What we see here is either a linux terminal running on an OS X machine via Xfree and/or OroborosX, or a terminal on a linux machine with an OS X theme applied.
So, no, its not a fake. But I'm not losing any sleep trying to put penguins into my terminal window.

You missed my point, testuser. I have nothing against lots of eye-candy to attract more people to the Mac. ;) I was saying that most people who want to work with the terminal won't want this feature.

So while it makes sense to add background-images to finder windows, it doesn't make sense to do the same to terminal windows.

YMMV etc

Sargon

Back