Text Edit formatting

infinityBBC

Registered
anyone here have any idea how to adjust the margins when using the "Wrap to Page" option in TextEdit? the default is set to a 1" margin all the way around, when i'd like to decrease that to about .5". thanks in advance for any suggestions. :cool:

thanks, but i just tried that and it didn't work. i created a NEW paper size of 8.5 x 11 in the custom paper size area. i assigned the margins to be .5" all the way around. i saved it. then, selected "any printer" in order to get this new custom paper size to be displayed in the paper size pop up menu of the page setup dialog. when i select my new custom paper size, the margins do not change in the document... and yes, i have the "wrap to page size" selected for that document... in fact, i've re-selected everything more than once to double check.

looks like i'm getting close, thanks to your help, but if you or anyone has any further suggestions on this matter, i'm all ears! thanks again! :cool:

I was just playing with it, looking in the Help and can't seem to make the margins smaller either.

it looks like Apple has a little bug to fix. if this is the method that Apple has chosen to use to reset margins in the "wrap to page" feature of TextEdit, someone there needs some help! it would be much easier to simply set the margins within some kind of pref's for the document. of course, i wonder if margin size is even contained in the RTF file format. regardless, it seems there should be an easier way to deal with that, eh? perhaps someone else here will have some answers to this dilemma. thanks again!

Back