text field movement


Rusher of Din
I come from the Windows/Unix world, and am having a real problem with something in MacOS/OS X. Is there no standardized key(s) for movement on a text line, like a text field, Instant Messenger text box, etc.? In Windows, home/end always work. In Unix ctrl-a and ctrl-e always work. OS-wide keys. Also in Windows for moving on the line word to work, ctrl and the left or right arrow. Please tell me that MacOS isn't really lacking this. I use these A LOT.