TextEdit: How can I stop it printing a blank, unneeded 2nd page?

ChicagoLarry

Registered
I use a Brother laser printer. I have worked at length with their support dept to resolve this bug. After much troubleshooting and running tests, we discovered this only happens with TextEdit, and the Brother Company concluded this is a problem on Apple's end. Can anyone help?

The problem: any time I print a TextEdit document that is less than a full page long, the printer will always "print" a blank second page. How can I get this to stop?

I cannot find any preference or other setting to control this, and I have the printer company telling me it is not a problem with the printer or their software.

Thank you.

L.

Try trashing the TextEdit preference file;

com.apple.TextEdit.plist

If that doesn't work, in the Print dialog box, just print page 1 to page 1.

I have a Brother Laser and don't have this problem, and since it only happens with TextEdit, unlikely it's a problem with the printer.

Hey SuperBob!

I am embarrassed to say I did not think to try trashing the TextEdit preferences... And you, you are a hero. After following your advice, I no longer get that second (blank) page.

Thanks!

Larry

... Just for the record, I never would have guessed that this solution would have worked. Wacky.

Back