TFT Won't Power Up With MAC G5

matt9b

Registered
My tft screen does not turn on 50% of the time when I turn on the mac. To fix it, I have to keep manually resetting the mac until the tft powers up.

OS X starts up fine, but the tft screen itself does not "power up". It just remains on standby.

I tried the tft with 2 PCs, it works 100% of the time; the problem only occurs when it's plugged into the mac.

If I pull the DVI lead out both ends and plug it back in again 20 times while the mac is turned on, it will occasionally fix the problem. I have replaced the DVI lead with 2 new ones, but the problem remains.

My smaller tft (same make, different model) works 100% of the time when plugged into the mac.

The tft which is problematic is: viewsonic VP201s.

Thinking it must be a tft fault, I replaced the VP201s tft with a new one of the same model. The problem remains. I have contacted viewsonic who say the VP201s is compatible with all Mac G5's and if the problem exists with the replacement aswell, then there's no fault with the tft.

I have searched google for answers, but there seem to be no other reports of problems with the VP201s.

I can't work out if it's a mac problem, VP201s problem, or an incompatiblity problem; Every test seems to point towards an incompatibility which viewsonic totally denies.

And yes, I have checked to see that the DVI cables are firmly tucked into their sockets.

Any ideas would be deeply appreciated, as this is becoming a big problem for me.

Back