That's an Apple girl...

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
1988, she was 4...

(I just acquired a scanner, so first time I can put some images on this site)

Attachments

• clelia_1988.jpg
    clelia_1988.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 172
Wow! :) The parents must be Mac fans, eh? ;) (Would that be your daugher, chevy?)

Oh man...I wish I could get something like that for my boys! My older son loves computers but he REALLY enjoys using the Mac! :D

wow i wonder where she is now, i was also 4 in 1988 (born in 1984), same year as the mac ;-) im dying for a girl that uses a mac, it would be a match made in heaven ;-)

whitesaint said:
wow i wonder where she is now, i was also 4 in 1988 (born in 1984), same year as the mac ;-) im dying for a girl that uses a mac, it would be a match made in heaven ;-)

i was 5 at the time...keep dreaming whitesaint, i'm trying to convert my girlfriend to mac and it's so far proved nary a chance in hell...

whitesaint said:

I coverted my girl into a mac fan..

as off last night "I want a imac." :D

why is it so easy to turn guys onto macs, but all the girls i kno usually dont give 2 $#!ts about computers at all. I would think it would be just as easy as my guy friends, show them expose, dashboard, minimizing all in slow motion, and boom they want a mac. But for girls its nowhere near as easy, i guess girls arent geeky as guys are?

You have to expose them to the "cuteness" factor of the Mac.

Girls also like pretty things, and visual things, so show them parts of the OS that are visually stunning.. Windows doesn't have anything like that... I don't know any girl who has ever been in any way attached to her PC... but I know a few who have interest in the Mac, mostly because of me :D

It has been easier to convert mine to a Mac than my previous attempts of getting her to use Emacs and LaTeX. Although she had the best darn typeset thesis that Swedish depart has ever seen ;)

Yes Fryke, she's my daughter. Both of my daughters (and my son) use Mac when there is no PC around and PC when there is no Mac... no OS preference, for them a computer is just a tool. And as they currently don't buy these, cost is not an issue for them... indeed that's wrong, by boy bought a PC for gaming - good choice in my opinion: more gaimg power for his $$$, and some stability/viruses problems are nothing compared to pure horse power for him.

As long as you make sure that as soon as he needs to get some _work_ done he buys an additional iBook, that's okay, chevy. ;)

I think he understood how much time he loses re-installing his PC !

Yeah - I converted my girlfriend to Mac too...

She kinda seems better now. Not so much talking, doesn't spend all her money on clothes, takes up much less space, and when I switch her on she goes: BOOOINNNNGGGGG!

(heh heh)

tumbleguts said:
Yeah - I converted my girlfriend to Mac too...

She kinda seems better now. Not so much talking, doesn't spend all her money on clothes, takes up much less space, and when I switch her on she goes: BOOOINNNNGGGGG!

(heh heh)

hahah that is very funny, chevy any way we can get a recent pic of your daughter...?

why not. :) i just thought it'd be important to stay with the theme of apple-ish shirts.

Same girl, 3 years later... with her younger sister.

Attachments

• souris.jpg
    souris.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 45
Back