The Acronym Thread

xoot

Got xoot?
This has a similar relation to the Question and Answer thread, except it is done with acronyms. An example:
simX:
Acronym: su
Trip:
Definition: Super-User

Acronym: qa

You can have more than one definition, you can make up your own acronym definitions, but please don't use AcronymFinder. It takes the fun out of this thread.

So, I will start:

Acronym: we

"Technology Without An Interesting Name" I learned that in CSE 100 (computer systems engineering), the instructor thought it was pretty funny.

SAFU (Hint: It's a military term)

Soft, pretty cool resistors :rolleyes:

RWRARPR

P.S. nkuvu: Two CORRECT answers would have been "double data-rate" or "dance dance revolution". :)

P.P.S. Should we impose the same 10-post timeout rule like in the Question & Answer thread?

guys....aheeeemm...guys :p
Is there a point for this OTHER than postcount boosting? If there is let me now, else it looks to me like post boosting. :p

Well, it's fun! I mean, why don't we get rid of the post counter and let stupid fun things like this be left alone? As a Mod now, AK, you have a job to do, and yeah, I suppose this is sort of time-wasting, but I find it fun and I'm sure the others do. A "post count booster" would mean posting content that had no purpose... at least here we're playing a (very stupid) little game :)

What do you guys think?

BTW! Guardian: Chaos Knight (an old Sega Saturn game, if I'm not mistaken?)

My acronym: EULA

if its a game no prob ;)
I think this is a fun game :p -- having game threads is fun ;) (and builds a community hehe)

now I wish I knew what that acronym meants cause I wanna participate :p

Applied Particles Participating in Linear Entropy :) lol i'm just making them up

(BTW the answer to mine was Reality Distortion Field At MacWorld Expo New York) :)

Anyone know this one? MACINTOSH

MACINTOSH:

Most Applications Crash, If Not, The Operating System Hangs

The answer to mine (APPLE) was:

Ariane Passenger PayLoad Experiment

How about this one?

SH!T (it is real). (substitute the "!" obviously)

:D

Back