The Apple Spelling Dictionary

Koelling

I Think Different
The included spelling dictionary works great for me and I use it all the time. There are a couple words that I spell consistently wrong and the dictionary doesn't bring up the right choices by right click. I've poked around and all I could find was the file holding the "learned" words. Is there a file anywhere for "behaviors"?

It is almost always the same words: tomorrow->tomarrow, schedule->schedual. I am a terrible speller but I have started to learn these words. But when I'm in a real hurry I'll do it wrong and I don't want to find the letter, click, delete, retype that letter and continue. I'd rather get a popup contextual menu.

Anyone know where this file resides?

It's probably somewhere on your hard drive. :) Oh, you wanted more specific? Sorry, I don't know.

But what I was going to say was that there may not be a file that holds the behavior. It could be programmed in. For example, take a word that is not in the dictionary, like "tomarrow". (My context menu does show "tomorrow", by the way) The program may look for words that have a significant number of matching letters and suggest that. Or it could be in a file, who knows?

Where was the learned words file? I think it'd be nice to know if I accidentally click 'learn' instead of 'ignore'...

fortunately, it's not to hard to find :)

~/Library/Spelling

and the file is called English. For me the entire file is this:

KoellingMagealright

Back