The Bible on your iPod

rather, a Bible so useful that it has lasted 1500 years old ... may someday be ON my iPod

"This is simply a free collection of specially formatted text files of the King James Version of the Holy Bible for viewing on the iPod."

It's not about our iPod, as far as I can see... Rather, it's about religion and stuff. Actually, it's the same old bible, just _on_ an iPod. Don't want that...

Personally, I wouldn't mind having something like this if I owned an iPod. I already have something like this on my Palm, but it's not as good in functionality as it used to be (became too convoluted with features...sometimes simple is better). Considering that the iPod is getting more features that aren't so music related, for some this would be a nice feature.

Then again, if too many features are added to the iPod, would it relegate it to the fate that PDAs are currently going through?

As long as they are offering the King James Version wouldn't it be better to get the New International Version too? :D Maybe an entire study bible!

Enthusiasm aside, you are free to put whatever you want on an iPod and this is just one of the many things available.

The day Apple adds hand recognition is when it has become a crowded PDA/cellphone.

As long as they are offering the King James Version wouldn't it be better to get the New International Version too?

Probably because the KJV is public domain, while the NIV is limited by the translations copyright holders, Zondervan (I think that is who it is). That would be my guess.

d8n_two

The WEB is a public domain translation of the Bible that reads very similar to the NIV. They could use that instead of the NIV if the copyright is a problem.

I'm changing the thread title. It's probably going to get a couple of people up in arms.

:) Nope, Ricky, it's just that my first comment now kinda doesn't make sense anymore, because it actually replied to the thread's old title, I guess...

I *finally* got my first iPod, a 10GB 2G model. Worked on a project for a guy and he paid with the iPod instead of cash.

Although I am tempted to download and try it out, I think the Palm Bible is much more "user friendly' because of screen size. However, the iPod is LOTS more space.

Back