The big picture for iPod!!

One thing that sounds like a serious knock on this thing to me is the way it syncs with iTunes. As I understand it, if you want to do the auto sync with iTunes you can either update playlists, or the whole thing. But if you do that, it wipes out any songs on the iPod not on iTunes. That sucks. What if you wanted to put all your MP3s on the iPod to save the space on your HD? Could you plug it in and play songs from it?

I think they should make sure that the standard features are all they could be before they go adding new ones. Guess we won't know until the thing is out and all you people with too much money buy one :).

-Rob

On my newfound curiosity re: keeping the songs on the iPod and not the HD... a new thought. In theory I imagine you could mount the iPod as a firewire HD and transfer all the MP3s that way. Then in iTunes make a library pointing to the iPod HD as the location of the songs. Then, sync the iPod to get the playlist and pretty organization. The question is does that set up this loop that makes the iPod's little brain explode? :)

I watched the long promo piece on Apple's website, and am warming to the iPod. I still think it's over priced, and I don't have a need for one, but its coolness factor went up.

You know the conversation has gone downhill when people just resort to mental pictures of their bum...

LOL...

I think it was a great move for Apple to release the first FirwWire based mp3 player/portable HD combo. It is not outside the scope of possibility that FireWire becomes a standard interfrace on many intel based desktop and portable computers.

if you hold down the center botton you'll get an old school game "breakout!"

It's not just an mp3 player after all!!

it's got capabilities!!

I read that. I also read that you can play breakout while playing music with it. :D

I think the iPod will in time be much more than an MP3 player!

Back