the cat is back!

tastelessfruit

Registered
ive downloaded the lastest .dmg but can't for the life of me get it installed.
here are the facts:

i have a kitten from an earlier litter.
the first d'load took 3 long days.
i used toast to burn it to a dual layer dvd. in the menu i selected 'image file'
and burned. when i tried to install i got assorted error messages before the install program even came up. bummer-

thinking it might be corrupted from the days of d'loading i re-downloaded it at a far faster rate and was done it six hours. did the toast thing again but as i was in a hurry i skipped verification. the install program launched but after each restart nothing happened. so, i reburned it with 'disco' and although the install program launched i soon giot a warning saying install was impossible as there was no software to install. i can see the disk has its 7g of info.

i then used mac to make a burn folder with the disk image in it-a total mistake as well. each time the install restarted the app was unmounted etc.

CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS FOR ME??????

I NEED TO SEE WHATS NEW WITH THE KITTY!

It's simple. Kittens always land on their feet, right? And you tried using Toast. Everybody knows if you drop Toast it always lands butter side down. Hence, Kittens are incompatible with Toast: if you try and burn your kitten with Toast and then you drop it, it will hover in the air and never land at all.

Wait, what was the question again?

before this thread gets locked (no discussing illegal downloads, ya know!)
The developer Leopard releases likely will not work with Toast. You _must_ use Disk Utility to create the bootable DVD.

Of course, next month you can get your real copy, and you won't have to worry about reformatting your drive to get the real version of Leopard to work.

CATS DO HAVE NINE LIVES
all my kitties are happy , safe & thriving in their partitions!
it only took 3 days and $30 dollars worth of dvds!
thanks to all...................except grouchy Madelin!

Madelin said:
Seriously, its just 4 weeks (hopefully) away. You need to calm down about all this kitten rubbish.

Ahh, that kitten. Madelin's right. You'll only have to wait a few weeks to get a legitimate cat that's ready to pounce. If it hasn't been released yet, there's a reason.

DeltaMac said:
The developer Leopard releases likely will not work with Toast.

In other words, I was right! :p

CATS DO HAVE NINE LIVES
all my kitties are happy , safe & thriving in their partitions!
it only took 3 days and $30 dollars worth of dvds!
thanks to all...................except grouchy Madelin!

You might as well have saved up to buy a pedigreed kitten a little bit later... honestly.

Oh, and symphonix got it from the get-go. :)

Back