The Chimera Thread

ksv

web developer
Now we've had threads for every build of Chimera released plus some more, all of them with different discussions and active people. What about keeping this thread as the place for announcing and discussing new versions, features etc?

Just keep in mind that bug submissions are done from chimera.mozdev.org, not here ;)

Originally posted by twister
0.2.6 is out. I just downloaded it!!!!

Twister

Huh, I thought googolplex would be the first one to post here :D

That's cool, I'll download it, too :)

I'vd downloaded and intalled it three times! Alls it does is startup and crash. Now i am chimeraless.

Twister :(

Twister, next time I say something is pap, don't download it!!! Let this be a lesson...
0.2.5 is running fine, you can probably still get it at chimera.mozdev.org/installation(I'm too lazy to check)

0.2.6 doesn't startup for me either. Probably just a bug that got through. It kinda disapoints me since I wanted to import my bookmarks from Moz so bad. Ah well w/ the speedy releases we're seeing, maybe this will get fixed in 0.2.7.

PS. I did try deleting the .mozilla folder, trashing the app, and the reinstalling it from the disk image and that didn't work either.

Originally posted by voice-
Twister, next time I say something is pap, don't download it!!! Let this be a lesson...
0.2.5 is running fine, you can probably still get it at chimera.mozdev.org/installation(I'm too lazy to check)

What's pap? When did you say it? Ohh and chimera.mozdev.org only has 0.2.6

Twister

Originally posted by ksv

Huh, I thought googolplex would be the first one to post here :D

That's cool, I'll download it, too :)

Man, googolplex STILL hasn't weighed in yet. You're letting me down!

BTW, I actually prefer it when new threads are created for new Chimera releases. That way I don't have to keep track of threads that have six thousand posts. :p

Originally posted by homer

Man, googolplex STILL hasn't weighed in yet. You're letting me down!

BTW, I actually prefer it when new threads are created for new Chimera releases. That way I don't have to keep track of threads that have six thousand posts. :p

Uhm, yeah, but one thread for each version is both silly and messy. Especially right now, when new versions are released every second day...

Well, yeah, you're right about that. By the time I'm done downloading one version, the next one is ready for download. Yikes! But that's the way I like it. :cool:

LOL! That's what I love about having a broadband connection - it takes about 30 seconds to download the latest build of chimera.
:D

twister: Pap is something that doesn't work. Plain and simple. Pap=worthless
I said it in the Chimera 0.2.6-thread before you posted...it launched for me(but took its time in doing so, 30 seconds longer than 0.2.5. It then imported my IE(default) start-site and on forums I noticed buttons didn't work...

I too am having a crashy Chimera. If you look at the review section on versiontracker they are having troubles too. One suggestion to fix it was to install into /Applications but that didn't work for me.

I downloaded it on two machines and it crashes before it even completely launches on both. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm waiting for .2.6.2 :D

My Chimera v0.2.6 crashes too.

I'm using IE! For God's sake! I'm ready to slit my wrists! :(

-the valrus

Back