the Dock

JaViS

Registered
Hummm I tend to like the Dock for it's ability to have animated icons, I see this as a big over 9 since you can use it to monitor stuff and wouldn't it be cool if the ICQ client icon would pulse when there is a new message :). The mail.app also take advantage of this feature, showing number of unread mails on a red dot on the icon...

Matrix Agent

Masochist Mascot
Animated icon are moving in the direction of an animated ICQ icon. AOL's Instant messanger already has a feature like this, where "IM" flashes over the icon when a message is recieved. My only problem with this is that as long as the person you were talking to was that last one to leave a message, the "IM" flashes until it is answered. This can be very annoying when you dont want/have to answer their response. There should be a limit on how long it flashes for. After that simply somthing should come up on the icon representing a waiting message, but it shouldn't flash or be animated. An indicator for a change in buddy status would also be nice...

Jasoco

Video Gamer/Collector
When the IM starts flashing, you can click that little blinking square at the top right to stop it.

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
In the newest version of AIM, you can minimize your chat windows and the person's buddy icon becomes the icon in the dock. When they send you a message, the "IM" bubble pulses on their icon. Pretty good idea.
Problem is, you can't give yourself a buddy icon yet...which makes it tough since most of the people in my buddy list use OSX :)

Djk515

Registered
You can set AOL icons in the OS X version.

just go to "AIM" in the menu bar

Select "My Account Settings..."

then click on "Buddy Icon"