The Finder

It's quite weird to speculate how some of the most ardent proponents of the Mac who are no longer with us today would react to Mac OS X.

Don Crabb was a jovial guy who liked the classic Mac OS but wouldn't hesitate to point out where Apple went wrong. I think that he'd be throwing a lot of rocks at Apple's beta to make sure that they get things right for the release, but by the time of the release I think he'd be plenty happy.

One other old time fixture of the Mac OS community that I wonder about would be Robert Hess. If you have no clue who this guy is please take a look at the memorial site to him at:
http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.12/12.03/Hess/

More than just Mac OS X, I have to wonder how he'd have reacted to Apple's darkest "beleagured" days, the return of Steve Jobs, the Microsoft deal, and the re-emergence of Apple as a power to be reckoned with.

This is one guy that I truly wish that I'd met when he was still around.

As a programmer, tinkerer, and smart-mouth geek, I think he would have loved Mac OS X. It's silly to say that I wish he were alive to see it today, since I just wish he were alive period.

Back