The first seemless Mac OS X Theme

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
OK, I saw this on resexcellence.com, and it piqued my interest since it looked so good. So I downloaded Duality 3.0.1 and this theme called AluniteX.

And BOY does it look good! OMG I haven't seen an OS X as seemless as this one before. And it even looks good with Mail.app drawers.

So since it's so good, I thought I'd do a little advertising for free. :) Here's the link to the page where you can download it:

http://www.desktopper.net/izawa/

It's in Chinese or Japanese, but you should be able to find the link. There's two versions: one with square window corners and one with round window corners. I prefer the rounded corners, myself.

Here's a screenshot:

http://homepage.mac.com/simx/.Pictures/FinderScreenSnapz002.jpg

If you notice, the "Go" button looks like it's bulging down into the screen. That's the equivalent thing of pulsing blue in Aqua. It's a really nice effect -- it bulges down and then changes to bulging up and then vice versa.

Here's the equivalent thing of the twirling arrows, and the first instance where I've seen this changed:

http://homepage.mac.com/simx/.Movies/MailScreenSnapz001.mov

I really like this effect, too.

As you can see, this is a really cool theme, and I recommend it to anyone who's trying to find a suitable platinum-esque theme.

Anyone had any trouble with Duality? I am about to download this theme but don't want to bork my system if anything goes wrong with this theme.

For the record, I have 88 things in my Dock (dang I didn't realize it was THAT many). :D :D :D

Anyway, I'll probably take out the three other ICQ clients, because Proteus is rapidly turning into my preferred messaging client.

What version os OS X are you running? It looks like a OS 9 menu on top there...

Oh, and the theme looks good too

It's OS X 10.1.3. Uh.. you thought it was OS 9? OS 9 never looked this good! :)

No, I knew it wasn't OS 9, you had the dock and the desktop and the iTunes buttons and the browser button-placement to tell me X, but you also have that OS 9-app switcher in the upper right-hand corner

I like the new progress bar!

Btw, any more web site to download more themes? I would love to show my PeeCee friends.

I love this theme im using it now.. Duality doesnt work very well for adding themes as far as i can tell.

I used metamorphx and it worked fine :)

Anyway,

How do i get a transparent dock?? I have the background transparent but the edge of the dock is all white and it looks ugly!!

Anyone help?

where did you find Duality 3.0.1
i went to there web page and all i could find is 3.0
also i downloaded the theme you are talking about
when i try to use it in Duality it sase it cant redo aqua
what am i doing wrong
i would love to use this theme
Please help
Ronnie

i did that and the theme still dident change!!!!!!!
it keeps telling me that aqua could not be created
i dont know what to do

Can I use a theme on one user login but then use aqua for another? Because I'd love to try this but I'm not sure if the rest of my family would want it.

I think there can only be one system wide theme at a time since it has to modify (literally hack at) core system files to replace them with the theme's files. That's why they can be dangerous if something goes wrong.

There's no way to have custom themes for each user -- yet.

Ronnie Fitz

I had the same problems.

First you can download 3.0.1 duality from versiontracker, but that won't help.

Download metamorphx from versiontracker. It seems to work with this theme? I usually use duality, this is the first theme that it couldn't load for me.

Hope this helps.

this is a great theme i just want it to be integrated more... themes need to include icons and dock... this one needs gray folders and a gray dock..

Back