the Ginger

MacOSX.com is actually one of the few forums I enjoy, because I DO get help here. And contrary to what this thread shows, there are actually only a few people who insult and give counterproductive arguments. There have always been a few threads where tempers are high and insulting sometimes gets in the way, but if you look at the majority of the threads, most of them are dealing with problems and such, even the ones in the General Discussion forum (which everybody seems to crowd in). Unlike MacCentral's forums, or other ones, I have actually been able to get a few responses on my rare problems, and often times they have worked.

uoba - what exactly is the "twat-factor"? Sounds to me like an 'adventure' series that you shouldn't admit to watching around prospective girlfriends...

Ginger is a great first step. I may buy one for my commute through the sumner and Callahan tunnels. It'd be faster that the "T" here in boston.. I currently take the Blue line and from my door to my 24th floor office it's 30 minutes if you catch the trains right on time.

Oh, iKevin, here's a tissue...:rolleyes:

I just think you may have mistaken this board for some other board. This is one of the most cohesive and helpful around.

AND! it just occurred to me. With the "Big Dig" here in Boston we should be getting these airdropped to us like those yellow MREs the Afghanis are getting... Man could I get through traffic. And once the Dig is finished and Boston is the Utopia it is supposed to be, I can still drive it above ground instead of under the city in my car...

Since I've been living in a cave, under a rock, I really hadn't heard of the Ginger until just two days before it was announced what if finally was. My impressions of it... I thought it was cool. I agree that overcrowded cities need something to transport people other than cars. But.. I wouldn't buy one. My reason is a climate thing. Right now the roads here are so full of snow, I am using 4x4 in my jeep in town. I don't think the Segway could plow through those conditions. In a more southern city however, I would use one. It may not be the fastest thing, but how fast can your car get in a gridlocked city block anyway? ;)

The Twat-factor is particular to the UK, and particular to inner-cities!!!

Twat is a derogatory word, but is particularly reserved for flash show-off young males with more money than sense, and like to show it.

Particularly reserved for city stock traders with priviledge backgrounds and attitudes to match.;)

perhaps someone from the UK can elaborate?

(Please excuse my spelling, I'm not used to big words!)

I have a 1 mile walk on both ends of a bus commute. I also work on an Army base where I maintain two desks, a quarter-mile apart from each other. I am the target market.

I'll wait for a model with a gun rack. Do you know of anybody who sells those cute little tires so I can chop it too...

XP is an emoticon

Back