the girl/boy-friend reaction

fiznutz

mind bender
since there is enough threads about our reactions im asking how did your girl/boy-friend react over the new apple things?
The reason im asking is cause my girlfriend went nutz!
ive been trying to persuade her into bying a mac for some time now, mainly cause she uses mine all the time:p she just freaked over the new imac and she´s gonna get one as soon as they arrive here in sweden! and iphoto impressed us both so we are getting a digital camera this week.:D

Same here! My wife loves it. Asking for a new system was never so painless. Specially after watching the intro movie at Apple (Luxo Jr. was here favorite Pixar short!)

Jag vill har en tjej, men jag har ingen tid. I'm here all day trying to catch up to admiral in my number of posts. Bara sjemter (just joking). Sorry about my extremely poor Swedish, but I lived there for a year, four years ago so I think I can speak it. Stupid me.

Sam

lol
thats funny sjb2016 you got it correct, though "just joking"="jag skämtar" is probably hard to type since you have to use "ä" an A with two dots over it if it doesnt show up right:p

my X went crazy over my G3's appearance :p (and the theme I was using on my OS 9 at that time lol) --

she still doesnt like macs though -- stupid antimac people :p

My girl called at 9:30 asking if I had seen the cover of Time. She thought "it looks funny, but I could see using one."

Perfect. ;)

she still doesnt like macs though -- stupid antimac people
ya why is that might be cause its easy to use!
you can actually create something with it!
:D
and it doesn´t crash every time you are about to save! "like my %¤#&& shit computer at work!

I have come across this quite a few times (specially back when DOS was big). People have invested a ton of time, energy and money into computing so they can be productive when they are done. The idea that computers should just work is completely alien to them. I actually see the same type of thing with Unix terminal jockeys these days. Oh well, to each their own.

my wife hates the new iMac design. she hated the original iMac, too. she thinks the new iMac looks too flimsy.

also, we have 2 teenage nieces who live with us -- one hates the new design, the other loves it.

My fiance did not like the new iMac at first. However, we've been wanting to save money to buy a G4 tower. Well, let's just say in the end I used the iMac's technical specs to win her over. How cool is that? Technical specs over aesthetics!

My husband and I both love the new Mac and even downloaded iPhoto yesterday to play with. It will be a great way to keep track of our digital photos and it will be nice to have an all-in-one solution for photo prints instead of sending them to Ofoto (which I love). Now I'll have to compare costs of prints.

I don't have a girlfriend :rolleyes: but my brother back home who is a MAJOR computer nerd actually said he likes it! I was pretty amazed, since he always throws sarcasm into the word 'Mac' when he talks to me or when I have a computer question for him.

Originally posted by ManicDVLN
I showed it to my GF, after she saw the little MAC logo on the lamp, she is like ugghhh Apple, no thanx

MAC? what does MAC stand for? i'm not familiar with that acronym. ;)

do you mean Mac, which is short for Macintosh?

anyway, it's an Apple logo, troll boy, not a MAC logo.

that's good manic, your gf should be more loyal to you than to apple. i can't imagine you giving her much respect if she said it was the coolest thing she ever saw and asked you to buy her one!! i can just imagine the abuse you would heap upon her then:p

i am sure she won't have to wait too long before a pc manufacturer knocks off the design and she can run xp on it.

i haven't shown it to my gf yet. she had a bad day at work and i figured showing her that her recent imac600 is now discontinnued would not go over well. on the other hand it will probably do everything she wants a computer to do well into the imac III or IV model lines.

i may try convincing my sister to buy this imac though, or to look at ibooks now. i wasn't going to, but now....maybe.

so is this imac II or imac jr.?

Originally posted by ManicDVLN
I showed it to my GF, after she saw the little MAC logo on the lamp, she is like ugghhh Apple, no thanx

That's because your "GF" is actually an inflatable doll and the "ugghhh" sound you heard was the sound of air rushing out of IT when you squeezed IT.

LOL thats funny Gadget Lover :)

a friend of my girlfriend told me last night that at 9:53 AM(mountain time so 7 minutes till 9:00 pacific time) my girlfriend leaned over to her friend during class and said 7 minutes till macworld starts. I guess I've been talking about it a lot :D

Back