the girl/boy-friend reaction

Originally posted by Flammin lil troll
I showed it to my GF, after she saw the little MAC logo on the lamp, she is like ugghhh Apple, no thanx

Just like my X --- no wonder I broke it off with her :p

Admiral

ok, my gf saw the picture and her first implication of the design is that it looks like something the cats would knock over and break. i hadn't thought of that but i could immediately see it. this may not be the living room computer in a lot of houses. pets and small children might just find this to look too much like something they should be playing with. my cats used to sleep on top of the old apple monitor of the performa. now they wander aroundher imac on and off all day. they have moved her imac before. i'm waiting to play with one in person in a few days, but it looks like one of my cats could tip it over pretty easily.

other than that she thought it looked 'ok'.

My grilfriend got got anoyyed with me for leaving a ten minute voice mail description of it on her cel phone :). heeeee

Just to dispel one thing about the new iMac after seeing it in person:

It is DEFINITELY not top-heavy. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you threw a 5-pound rock at the neck and the thing stayed standing and working fine. Apple made SURE to make that neck sturdy. A cat surely wouldn't be able to knock this thing over, and the arm is designed so well that you'd really have to pull on the monitor to get it to start tipping.

So no need to worry about your cat. :D

i saw this blurb on macfixit.com yesterday regarding the sturdiness of the new iMac.

As a member of the press, we had a chance to go to the Apple booth after the keynote and "play" with the new machines. They make an even better impression "up close and personal" than they do in photos. As always, Apple's attention to quality is evident. The mechanism that controls the movement of the flat-panel screen is a joy to watch and work with. And it's sturdy. In fact, the entire iMac unit appeared very solid. The base is so heavy that there is no chance that the unit can be "knocked over" - despite the iMac's somewhat top-heavy appearance.

solrac - you may have generated an additional 10,000 orders for new imacs with that endorsement. i doubt even steve was expecting those exceptional results!!!:D

actually the symbolism is all there if you think about it -

round base - female
rectagular screen - male

joined together by swivel arm - phallic

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
solrac - you may have generated an additional 10,000 orders for new imacs with that endorsement. i doubt even steve was expecting those exceptional results!!!:D

round base - female
rectagular screen - male

huh? It had nothing to do with the iMac. We would have had sex even if I had not shown her the new iMac.

ssssshhhhh - don't say that out loud. let 'em think it was the subliminal power of the design:p

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

round base - female
rectagular screen - male

Hmm, very nice description :p

I think I'll have to order one if it will help me with sex... oh, wait I have ordered one.. oh wait, I'm 15, and shouldn't be having sex in this country :p :D

yes Hypernate, you should be waiting a few years. but i think it's ok if you fantasize till then. your new imac should help with this:p

Back