the html and text editors?

Eolake

Registered
Does anybody know if the html editor is WYSIWIG? (I am guessing not.)

and the text editor, textEdit, is it similar in power to TexEdit Plus?

it looks similar to pagespinner, so it may be semi wysiwig

from the looks of it, it blows texedit out of the water

Originally posted by Eolake

The text editor does not have the 32k file size limitation of SimpleText.

Yes, the HTML editor is WYSIWYG.
The text editor is an excellent bare-bones text editor with no filesize restrictions.

Check this out: TextEdit can open simpletext files and it preserves the fonts and styles in the files.

neither of them are 1/10th as good as BBEdit though... As soon as BBEdit + Photoshop are carbonized, I can ditch Classic

There is an HTML editor that comes with OS X. (In the Utitlities directory, if I remember right.) And yes, it does have a WYSWYG mode. It's a rudimentary HTML editor, but at least it's native. If you know HTML and don't depend that much on the program to create your code, it's plenty good enough. On the other hand, if you can't figure out how to place things on your own using tables, you're better off working in Carbon. TextEdit actually produced RTF documents. It's much more than a plain text editor, as SimpleText was. If TextEdit had support for columns and tables, most people wouldn't need MS Word.

TextEdit also produces plain text, or ascii text too,
but I've noticed a bug.
When I make a new php document, and put some html in there along with my php code, it works fine, until I close and later reopen that doc! All of the code is gone, and it attempts to display the html!

I haven't played with the html editor. Has anyone used it with php code, and had it work?

I can't wait until bbedit is ready!!

Originally posted by HuZMaN
Originally posted by Eolake

The text editor does not have the 32k file size limitation of SimpleText.

Tell me about it: once I opened a 70-meg swap file...
Wasn't a wise decision, though... opening a swap file.
The system recreated it immediately, and I had to just sit and wait.
I thin I force-quitted TextEdit, the system was slowing down badly.

According to Barebones' FAQ, they are currenting working on a Carbon version of BBEdit which they will release with the shipping of the OS X comercial launch. Yipee!

Actually, the Cocoa version of Stickies that is included in Mac OS X is better than SimpleText. You can have styled text, graphics, even use a spell checker. It totally rocks.

I've seen some people bitc... err... complaining about missing the Notepad application from Mac OS 9. I have no idea how much lead paint they ate as children.

Back