The Jaguar Bugs Thread

also from a few people ive spoken to, and my own test, QE slows 3d games (such as warcraft mentioned in another thread and blac and white for me) to a snails pace

QE is nice, but i think there needs to be an option to turn it off for those of us who want to use our video cards for things besides resizing windows ;)

For one thing it takes a hec of a lot longer to log in and out?...

When i was looking at a Pref pane (startup disk) i selected All Panes and they were all displayed with the startup disk pane too, really weird.

Also Command+Tab for cycling through the Open Apps in the Dock has lost it's capabilities of going backwards (Command+Shift (after starting with Command+Tab))?

Looks nice though

:)

df.jpg

finder.jpg

Notice the difference??:mad:

when I try to empty the trash I get "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for "502"

when I open the Terminal and do an ls -la I get "drwx------ 4 edward staff 136 Aug 24 12:44 .Trash"

to me it apears that I have enouf privilege and I am the owner so I am not sure what to do I would apreciate some help.

thanks

edward

(1) Mail is not compatible with GPG. Fix this by removing the GPG plugin from mail located in ~/Library/Mail/Bundles.

(2) Sometimes get an "inserting nil object" objc error in iChat when adding a new buddy.

(3) When supplying your own DNS entries while networking is set to DHCP, sometimes name resolution doesn't work in the network apps like iChat and Explorer. However, nslookup from the Terminal works fine... strange. Fixed this by manually supplying an IP.

Bugs I've found so far:

- After install, weirdly, my user name was not in the list of login users. I can type my name in to log in.

- Perhaps related, my home directory does not have a "/Sites/" directory for Apache files. All the other users do.

- When lots is going on, the mouse cursor "sputters" around the screen, instead of the always-smooth mouse motion I'm used to.

- In /Developer under "AppleScript Studio" (not sure the exact path, currently on PC at work) there are aliases to files that don't exist.

- Not a bug, but I haven't seen any real speed improvement.

- In a related thought...I recompiled Let1KWindowsBloom for Jaguar and it's exactly the same as before on my Cube. Not sure if the cube is QE enabled, but it does have a 16 MB card.

Not Apple's fault:

- Mail.app's menu bar is unresponsive if you have the GPG Bundle installed. Remove it from Library/Mail/Bundles.

Does anyone want me to post the new Let1KWindowsBloom? You have to promise to never flame me about it ;)

-- Rob

Originally posted by RHITMacMan
I found another one. I turn Windows File Sharing on and enable my user name to login from windows computers. Now I go to a windows machine and type \\IP_Address_Of_Mac with the appropriate IP address. I am then prompted with the username/password dialog box. So I enter my MacOS X username and password. Then the box pops back up like it did not accept my username and password. I've tried this repeately, with no luck. I don't know what's going on.

According to other sites I've read, you have to reset your password in the Accounts preference panel to get the password to be noticed by Samba. You also have to check the box that says "Can connect via windows file sharing" or something similar. Users don't default to be able to use windows file sharing.

-- Rob

to get your user name to show up (your first bug) you have to create another user with the same name and password as your current one, and copy your homefolder onto that one.

Originally posted by robterrell

According to other sites I've read, you have to reset your password in the Accounts preference panel to get the password to be noticed by Samba. You also have to check the box that says "Can connect via windows file sharing" or something similar. Users don't default to be able to use windows file sharing.

-- Rob

You're right. Apparently, if you haven't changed your password since before the upgrade to 10.2 then the Windows file sharing login passwords don't get updated. There must be a separate location for system login passwords and the Windows File sharing passwords. I did have the "Allow user to log in from Windows" check box checked. It was just the password that needed reset. It works now, and quite nicely so far.

Originally posted by Narogh
df.jpg

Notice the difference??:mad:
Odd - I don't have a swap partition, but I do have extra entries. :D
grab.gif

I did a clean install, repartitioned the drive to one partition and choose not to install OS 9 disk driver partition(s).

1.) Sometimes when I want to bring a window to the front, another window stays in front of it for some reason.

2.) iChat is way too buggy. Did the beta testers even TRY this one?

3.) On occasion, iTunes makes the audio all static-y and garbage-y.

4.) Yellow explanation boxes pop up in the most inopportune times. And they stay there for around five seconds.

5.) The names on the right side of the Dock are all squished so that twenty letters could only be in 20 pixels' space, but at exactly the same font size. I noticed this after coming back to my computer when I put it in sleep mode overnight.

6.) My pointer doesn't have a drop-shadow under it... :( This doesn't make sense because the copy and rainbow cursors both have shadowing without any slowdown.

7.) It added a really weird iMac monitor resolution.. 792x594.

8.) The Internet preference icon is on the System Preferences app twice, once in the "Internet & Network" group and once in the "Other" group. It also shows up twice when I sort the preferences alphabetically and when I looked in the View menu.

9.) Sherlock is slow at retrieving channels, and I am on a cable connection; is it necessary that it does so on every launch?

10.) It still doesn't support my printer. That really gets on my nerves.

So far:

1) After being on for a while (haven't determined the exact amount) I loose my sub-woofer. Requires restart.

2) After sleep it often will not recognize my iPod is connected. Once again requires restart or sometimes can get iTunes to browse for it and find. Wierd.:confused:

(1) I seem to have formed some sort of sore on my tongue since installing Jaguar. Not sure if it's related to the radiation that the screen puts out.

(2) My cat has stopped eating its cat food. I think I might have to buy another brand.

(3) Since installing Jaguar, the weather in Seattle has gotten colder. Not quite sure what might have caused this. I think it might be related to the new energy saver options.

(4) I seem to procrastinate writing my white paper more. I found the source of the problem and it's related to the new features installed with Jaguar. Apparently, it seems that I have less time to write because I tend to play around with the new features. I'm not quite sure how to fix this yet but it may involve Ritalin.

(5) Chocolate just doesn't seem to have the same bang that it use to. I may have to switch to fruit flavors like strawberry, or perhaps banana.

I'll keep everyone informed of any new problems that I come across. I hope everyone has a nice week.

Originally posted by alephx01
I'll keep everyone informed of any new problems that I come across. I hope everyone has a nice week.
*LAUGHS* I got you beat. OS X ran over my dog, and knocked up the neighbor's daughter. :D

Back