the keynotes......

jonmichael23

Registered
Where can I watch the 2000,2001, and 2002 steve jobs keynotes? The 2003 and 2004 ones are on apple site, but I wasnt sure if there was any place to watch these past ones. I wanted to know if their are any sites that have the WWDC and Macworld Expo and other such keynotes where steve had anything to say. Ive only ever seen the 2003 and 2004 keynotes, and ive heard the past ones have been good and a lot better (the macworld this year being kind of lackluster). Anyway, any help greatly appreciated :) .

On every single keynote broadcast, Apple has a copyright statement that basically states that the keynotes may not be rebroadcast anywhere without written permission from them.

So, in other words, you probably won't see them anywhere legally unless Apple puts them up on their site or segments of them are shown on TV. Not likely.

i actually have quite a few Keynotes in Quicktime format, that an Apple employee gave me. Apple used to give employees CD's with them, in Quicktime format. But, as of Macworld NY 2002, they stopped with Quicktime, and started distributing them on DVD's.

GroundZeroX said:
i actually have quite a few Keynotes in Quicktime format, that an Apple employee gave me. Apple used to give employees CD's with them, in Quicktime format. But, as of Macworld NY 2002, they stopped with Quicktime, and started distributing them on DVD's.

Are the ones in QT higher quality then the downloaded streams? if so We want WE WANT!!!

I can't help with past keynotes (well I kinda can) but after two years of trying to figure out how to get the streams (this is when they are current, mind you, not long gone like some we'd love to have) I finally found a forum that explained how to save them. Simply viewing the source isn't good enough, you have to get the file that you see a link for in the source and save that file. Then, take that file into a HexEditor where you should be able to see the akamai link. I had to tweak some of the akamai links as they don't initially lead to the saveable version of the movie, but after doing so I was able to download WWDC 2003, MWSF 2004, the iTunes Music Event, and the QuickTime State of the Union. I also happened to come across MacWorld 2001 on ********** not too long ago and I taped MWSF 2002 the day it aired (at my friend's house because he has Tech TV) so I captured that and saved it as MPEG-4. So my collection is getting better and I plan to save them as the keynotes keep coming. :)

Back