The most beautiful computer on earth!

Erix

Registered Linux User
Is Apple "Cube".

I don't have one but I sometimes feel the need of looking at a photo of this thing. How could a computer be this much beautiful? And why on earth Apple gave up selling it? Why didn't people buy enough for Apple to continue selling it?

You (we) are all guilty for killing this amazing hardware! :D

What do you think about the "Cube"?

It was meant to be a mid-range model, between the consumer iMac and the pro PowerMac. However, as a result of it's lack of expansion slots, the mid-range users (the target audience who the thing was actually aimed for) didn't buy it. The end.

I agree. Beautiful computer. Too bad they couldn't cram a PCI slot or two in it, also.
p.s. When Steve and his team were working on the first Macintosh, it is said that he wanted it to be "the size of a toaster, and just as easy to use." Many a Macuser applauded at the expo when they first saw the Pop-up CD action of the Cube... it really did LOOK and ACT like a freakin' toaster.... a very expensive toaster.

I'd love one, with the 15" apple lcd... try find a better looking computer... one of these days I'll buy one.. :)

*hangs head in shame*

Yes, I admit it! I'm one of those who caused the Cube to die... I'm sorry! :p :(

I LOVED the Cube the moment I saw it! I wanted it so bad! I was getting on peoples nerves! And when it came time to buy a Mac, what did I do?

I bought the Pro Tower!!!

WHY???
Cuz... Expansion Slots (altho now that i look at it, I haven't used even one!), and Internal Hard Drive space (3 HDDs 'n 1 CDRW).

Oh yeah, the Dual 533s vs a Single 500 was also a reason. :D

I STILL want a Cube! And some day I may give in and buy a used one. Have no idea what for since this one will turn into a Server onces I get a 'Book... but still!

The Cubes where beautiful! Pair it up with a matching Apple Flat Screen... Drool....

Originally posted by Tormente

Yes, I admit it! I'm one of those who caused the Cube to die...

I knew the guilty one was hiding somewhere here. Are you happy? :p

Originally posted by Erix
I knew the guilty one was hiding somewhere here. Are you happy? :p

Blah! :p

I still want a Cube! :)

Wish Apple didn't give up on them. Or they where at least better priced with better CPUs (altho now you can purchase better CPUs for them, but too late to save them). I may have bought one of those instead otherwise.

Back