The music app in PB...

Kristjan

Different, I think...
Is there any way to get the music player from the PB to work in Mac OS X 10.0? Is there even anyway to get hold of the program files without installing PB again (isn't even possible, I think...)?

iTunes uses 20 or so % CPU on my iMac, compared to Winamp that uses around 1-3% doing exactly the same thing on my friends Athlon...

iTunes is the worst program with it comes to hogging your cpu. Even when you play a cd with it (a regular audio cd), it uses huge processor time. (I think it plays the cd as an aiff file, not as a audio cd using the line out of the cd player - but someone correct me if I am wrong.)

I'm sticking it out for mpg123 and xmms (some day).

I asked how to do the same thing a while ago, but nobody cared. iTunes sux! Bring back the Music Player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to know I'm not the only one how doesn't like iTunes.

I've tried to play my mp3's thru Quicktime and Audion now, and both of them uses around 30% of my CPU... Perhaps the problem is Mac OS X and not the players? Perhaps they all use Quicktime to play the mp3's, and Quicktime in Mac OS X isn't at all what it's supposed to be...

What other players do I have to chose from? Audion is nice, and very beautiful with it's total Quartz optimization, but it isn't very stable.

CPU usage means nothing. I have had iTunes use about 2% of the cpu in the background while i was doing other things. If iTunes is the front most app OS X will give it the most cpu power.

I have the music player app that came with the public beta somewhere on a backup cd as a seperate file. It doesn't work on 10.0.x (gives an error upon launch). If someone wants to try to get it to work on 10.0.x, let me know (I'll send you the app by mail).

Originally posted by peppermg
CPU usage means nothing. I have had iTunes use about 2% of the cpu in the background while i was doing other things. If iTunes is the front most app OS X will give it the most cpu power.

iTunes uses 20+% both when it's in front and when it's in the background. I can't see why that would make any difference.

Once again people, try out Mint Audio. I adore it. I payed the shareware fee after 10 minutes. It's only $13.

JUST GIVE ME BACK SOUNDJAM MP!!!!!! That program rocked. I wish Apple didn't buy it from them and stop the making of it. I wish I had it back. It was fast, reliable and had the most awesome tools in it.

Back