The PC Strikes Back

Originally posted by swizcore
And the cycle continues-
Apple innovates, PC makers emulate.
Poorly.

What urks me is that in the new information, Intel just compares it's CPU performance with other Intel CPU's (except with the Itanium). It never compares to an Apple computer, whereas Apple benchmarks it's systems to PC's and other Macs.

I wouldn't call it striking back, more like making a mockery of themselves in an attempt to emulate Apple's campaign. I don't know why anyone would bother to read that whole long thing, it's not to the point at all, just a boring read. The beauty of Apple's switch ads are their short to the point simplicity.

They're not comparing to Apple because Apple doesn't matter. Intel is not in a fight against Apple. They're trying to squish AMD - and doing a good job there, by the way. AMDs 64bit processors might change the game again, but they're still like half a year in the future.

Actually, I think *this* is when they say that imitation is a form of flattery. Don't take *this* too hard, now.

What does Intel plan on accomplishing by emulating Apple's Switch campaign? Obviously what "real people" are doing with their Intel PC's has absolutely NO impact on the AMD market, since AMD's can do the exact same things Intels can.

I am starting to get used to seeing a gap ad, then an apple ad, then another gap ad, or a levis copycat ad. without the sound on, they all look the same. only dif is the logo at the end of it

Back