The Power On Thread

xoot

Got xoot?
Things have been getting really slow here. Any ideas how to circumvent this evil force? :confused:

But thrashing MS is just so easy. Plus, every tends to get alittle "upset" in those threads.

There is only one thread to bring up when all else fails......

Beer.

Brian

This from Crazy Apple Rumors (http://www.crazyapplerumors.com/)

Apple Acquires Another Application Maker.

After announcing yesterday that it had purchased Emagic, a maker of music production software for the Mac, Apple today announced it has purchased Microsoft, a maker of office applications for the Mac.

Apple Senior Vice President for Applications Sina Tamaddon said "Microsoft has set the industry standard for office applications. We're very excited to have the Microsoft team join Apple and create more amazing products."

"We couldn't be more pleased to cement the strong relationship we've had with Apple," Microsoft President Steve Ballmer said. "With fantastic hardware like the new iMac and MacOS X, this is an exciting time to join the Apple team."

As with Emagic, Apple will discontinue the Windows versions of Microsoft's applications. Indeed, Apple has also announced that it will discontinue Windows.
So far, industry reaction to the move has been largely positive, despite the requirement for 95% of the world's computer users to convert to the Macintosh.
The New York Times' David Pogue said "This fits in nicely with Apple's strategy of acquiring key applications that support its 'digital hub' concept. Office is an important part of the Macintosh platform, so it makes sense for them to secure it."

:p

I think there needs to be more news-type posts in the macosx.cafe. Try to get all the info you can from MWNY, and i'm sure we'll be all back to normal.

xoot - news belongs in the news section. mwny stuff also belongs there as rumors. i have enough to do without moving more threads started in the wrong forum.

if you want more people to participate here, you need to start some threads with more general interest than metric time;)

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
if you want more people to participate here, you need to start some threads with more general interest than metric time;)

I'm running out of ideas... how about another comic thread? :D

Back