The Shiira Web Browser

llyrwy

censored affidavits
Dear all,

I stumbled upon this browser, programmed by Japanese, and would be interested in knowing your comments on it.

This is the URL: http://hmdt-web.net/shiira/

Though I am no expert, I am extremely impressed by the speed and rendering of the browser. After the recent Safari problems, I spent 6 hours goofing with all the usual suspects: Camino, Firefox, IE, Omniweb (I think version 5 will swoop its competitors), in the course of which I discovered Shiira.

After mucking with the various options, I am currently using Camino 0.8b and Shiira, which really is quite interesting.

The funny thing is that Shiira is not even listed in versiontracker.

Anyone know more about this to share?

Looks like it uses Webkit(based on the English text there) which is the same core that Safari uses.

Nice. :)

Much like Safari. It uses Safari's cookies!! So I am logged in the sites I've used Safari with Shiira as well. PithHelmet doesn't work with it.. :p (screen of how shiira's identified).

Attachments

• Picture 4.pdf
    6.2 KB · Views: 44
Anyone figure how to to switch out the tabs yet? It shows two different tab looks in the screen shots.

twister said:
Anyone figure how to to switch out the tabs yet? It shows two different tab looks in the screen shots.

Bottom setting! ;)

Personally I like this browser. Tabs are MAJOR for me, I hate in Safari having to hit Command+T or File / New Tab. I NEED a 'insert Tab' button. Shiira offers two ways of doing it, one on the Tab bar, and one as a button. The browser seems nice, but I gotta say, opening Tabs, i'd like the option NOT to follow a page I just asked to open in a Tab...I like to load pages in the background, and read them in a bit...

For me, its difficult to decide between OmniWeb 5, Shiira and Safari. With Shiira and Safari being almost the same, the Tab thing, like i said, is a BIG plus for me. Hmm...

Attachments

• tabs.jpg
    tabs.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 32
Back