The Sims on X

amo

Registered
I can't find any info on this .. is anyone playing The Sims on OSX? Since there aren't any golf games out there for X I'd like something to do on plane trips. heh.

Anyhoo, how do you think it would run on an iBook 500 (if it does work in X)?

There's a MacOS X version which you can grab at VersionTracker.com. It should run fine on an iBook 500, since my 400 MHz Blue and White G3 play it flawlessly. I should note that I haven't tried it since I upgraded to 10.1, but I haven't heard of any problems, either.

right on. i've heard it's pretty fun .. and it's only like $40. I wonder if they sell software/games at the Apple Store. (one's opening up by me tomorrah) :D

amo: I'm running a SE graphite iBook and The Sims runs awsome under 10.1! I don't know if you really want this game though...since you can get tired of it very fast. But it runs smooth if your sure you want it!

Originally posted by amo
right on. i've heard it's pretty fun .. and it's only like $40. I wonder if they sell software/games at the Apple Store. (one's opening up by me tomorrah) :D

They sell quite a few games at the Apple Store, although you've probably found that out already ;). I seem to remember the Sims was one of them.

And yeah, the Sims can get boring after a while. I find that if you set a goal that you want to reach, it becomes a lot more fun. Otherwise, things get pretty stagnant.

Back