the "the" in iTunes, Mac vs PC

Decado

Kallikanzaroi
I have tried to search the forum, but i couldnt find the answer.

Question:
Why, o why, does the "the"-thing work on iTunes for windows but not on mac?

Explanation:
if I on iTunes for windows have an artist by the name of "the beatles", it shows up on B not T. on Mac it shows up on T and i have to call the artist "beatles, the" to get it right.

any fix?
any thoughts?

Don't know what you're doing there fella, but my iTunes lists 'The Beatles' under B not T.

Same as The Doors and The Future Sound of London.

Post a screen shot of your iTunes window...

From a copyright point of view...."The Beatles" is actually the name of the band. the "The" is part of the name. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Works fine on my systems.

What Mac are you using? What OS? What version of iTunes?

Last time I saw any thing like that was in iTunes for Mac OS 9.x.

OK, so we've all pointed out that Decado has something weird going on, is there a fix for this?

Decado, are you looking at your songs through the Browse view? The three-pane viewer with Genre, Artist & Album...

Small note: prior to the latest update, my "the" bands were all listed under "T". After the latest iTune update, my "the" bands show up under the other letter.

I much prefer this new method.

lbj

The latest macosx.3.2 and the latest iTunes :(
could there be a setting?

Attachments

• itunes.jpg
    itunes.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 23
just thought of something... could this be localization issue? my girlfriends windowsversion of iTunes is in english and there it works. mine is swedish and does not work. Anyone from a non english speaking country here?

:D it's all in the ending in swedish so it would be someting like "Beatlesarna" (or "beatlesen" if it had been singularis), but of course we dont do that with english band names. Funny, i thought localizations was just about changing the language of the menus etc.

works fine for me in German versions on both my PC and my Mac, it seems. Maybe it's a 'current' bug, meaning that somebody at Apple played (wrong) with the Swedish localisation. I'd get the English version until there's a new update to iTunes. You're using this forum, so you can also live with an English iTunes, I guess. ;-)

Back