the weirdest thing, i swear

dpindrys@gmail.

Registered
i dont know if i can even explain this. i was working in illustrator, and my screen flashed (as it does if you changed resolutions) and the resolution of my display was made smaller, but its as if it had just zoomed in. things were a bit blurry, and i not all of my desktop is displayed on the screen. its so weird, i can move around my desktop with my mouse (press no keys or buttons) like, if i move my mouse to the top of my screen it moves my whole display up and reveals the top of my desktop. this is so werid, and i restarted and it remains. i tried quitting all programs too, and its apparently not a program feature. help D:

dpindrys@gmail. said:
i dont know if i can even explain this. i was working in illustrator, and my screen flashed (as it does if you changed resolutions) and the resolution of my display was made smaller, but its as if it had just zoomed in. things were a bit blurry, and i not all of my desktop is displayed on the screen. its so weird, i can move around my desktop with my mouse (press no keys or buttons) like, if i move my mouse to the top of my screen it moves my whole display up and reveals the top of my desktop. this is so werid, and i restarted and it remains. i tried quitting all programs too, and its apparently not a program feature. help D:
Try trashing the app's preference (.plist) file, empty the trash, and relaunch the app.

Sounds like you accidentally triggered Universal Access's screen zooming. You should be able to get it back to normal by hitting command-option-"-" (that is, hold down command and option and hit the dash/minus key next to your zero key). Command-option-+ zooms in, and command-option-"-" zooms out. You can turn this behavior on and off by pressing command-option-8.

All of these keyboard shortcuts are customizable in the Keyboard & Mouse pane in System Preferences, and you can customize and disable the zooming behavior in the Universal Access pane.

...or you can trash the .plist file. :D

Just kidding. That Mikuro knows too much. If you have your choice between my advice and his ... well, I'd take his. lol

Thanks Mikuro! My whole screen starting moving with the mouse-----
So I searched here and straight away found your answer. Awesome! Thanks loads.

Fuzz

There's a new option in Mac OS X where holding down control while using the scroll-wheel, you activate this zoom-function. Maybe that triggered it. Deleting a .plist-file wouldn't do much good here.

That's probably how it happened. I run a Kensington expert mouse and a Wacom pad, between the two, I may have triggered that control/scroll combo. The effect started me getting motion sick! All better now. ; )

...thanks mikuro...don't know if you are still around...had the mouse/screen movement problem the last couple of days...tried the apple support site and got nothing...remembered this site...followed your advice...thanks again...

Do not feel bad, I did the same thing . . . panicked . . . tried to clean reinstall . . . realized I had on File Vault . . . kabloom!

I believe it was my first question HERE.:eek:

--J.D.

Back