The Wet Dream OS

Big Daddy

Registered
I'm new to these forums and was wondering how many people here are *NIX users. As you maybe can tell OS X is for me the "Wet Dream OS". The combination of a pwerful underside with a designed user interface is a OS dream come true for me. I am currently a linux user. Anyone else out there like me?

Originally posted by davidbrit2
That's pretty much exactly how I felt.

It should defintely be for you. But as it is beta it has the not finsihed yet feel of it. Im using it as my primary OS. And I have formated away Linux so many times because I hated how it looked and behaved, but I wanted the power. Now Ive got it with a really nice GUI (That need work but hey its beta)

Yep ! Now I understand how Apple intends to prevent us to fiddle in the OS : some pages are stuck together ! ;)

Yep, I'm loving it. I'm debugging CGI scripts from my mac! That is kewl! still need xemacs, but hey, I'm loving the GUI, the unix core, the excitement and speed at which everything is moving. It seems like every hour there is something new to check out, some new port.

People are already tweaking the UI in predictable ways, like changing the background of the Dock and things. Mac users with more experience are going to make this OS *fantastic* with all kinds of cool widgets and workflow stuff, and its going to happen *fast*. It already is.

Back