Theme switching

Drizzt

Registered
Hi, last night I decided to try out one of the themes for OS X, Sosumi just to see what speed increases I could get. Problem I have now is that how would I switch back to the normal Aqua style? It was a little late last night so I wasn't thinking about that before I installed the theme. It's an ok theme as well, but is there any way for me to switch back to the plain ol Aqua style? I already tried Metamorph X and it didn't work. The only other thing I can think of is copying all the files listed under the various locations in the Sosumi file from someone who hasn't changed their appearance yet and replacing the Sosumi files w/ those copied files while booted into 9. Are there any other ways? Thank you for your time.

I'm at work on a POS Dell running WinNT (ploy to gain sympathy), so I can't check on this, but I believe that Sosumi came with a script or instructions for uninstalling the theme.

Well I just checked and I didn't see anything about uninstalling the theme. The readme simply states the licensing of the theme and points to the installation faq for install intstructions. In that it only says what to type in the Terminal to install the theme and then tells where all of the files get placed and that's it. From what I can tell the files folder just contains the files that are used to install Sosumi, which I guess that install.pl looks for when the command is runto install the theme. Maybe I'm just missing something though. I got the theme from http://www.chook.net/themeshop/index2.htm. Thanks for your help thus far.

I have a file called Sosumi Installation FAQ. Here's the uninstall directions from it:

Sosumi Uninstall Instructions

Launch Terminal.app
Run the following command inside the Sosumi directory
% cd /Volumes/Sosumi/
% sudo perl install.pl restore

Good luck!
:)

Interesting. That's not in my version of the Sosumi FAQ file. Unfortunately I did not see your post in time as I tried to manually fix the problem. The results weren't so great and it took a couple hours of reinstalling X to get everything back working again. Thank you for the tip, but suffice to say I don't think I'll be installing any more X themes since they're simply too hard to uninstall and this whole fiasco w/ Sosumi has made me completely distrustful of it.

Back