Theory - Virtual PC 7 at WWDC?

jonmichael23

Registered
it would make perfect sense. VPC 7 is supposed to arrive sometime in july, and it will have support for the G5. What better way then to show the power of the new G5 (or a better one if apple suprises us) then to run Windows, and to run it well. Microsoft made an appearance at Macworld for Office 2004, they could do the same at WWDC and show off the new version of VPC 7 running on the G5. I know this is doubtful, but if its a really good release with graphics card support, maybe theyll play some game to show that you now can. Hell I'd be happy to play Half-Life and Counter-Strike again...........

ye it would be good and apple often have special guests but do they realy want to say at one of their main events of the year - heres our new APPLE computer the fastest which has OS X on it but here is it running XP look at it - eeeeewwwwwww (from the crowd) as the green and blue clashes with the brushed aluminium! Its unlikly that it would be stable and fast enough anyway (considering its m$ weretalking about here)

I've recently upgraded my PeeCee @ work to Windows XP... At the same time I swicthed from using Virtual PC to using the Remote Desktop Connection. (Yes Microsoft does make a Mac OS X version... and it works with Keychain.)

This is a screen sharing program very much like Timbuktu or Apple Remote Desktop. This is much better than running big fat MS Office applicaitons across the VPN. Instead the programs run on my desktop machine at the fast network speeds of work.

The difference is amazing... expecially running network "chatty" stuff Outlook (Exchange) email.

Plus I'll never have to worry again about having a file on the wrong (virtual) machine.

More on topic of this thread, I heard they are shipping Office 2004 standard but holding off on Pro until June/July because they are waiting for the new VPC...

Back