There's never been a better time to be a Mac user...

drustar

Gold Member
There's never been a better time to be a Mac user up until now. Hehe - Those G5s are really something.

Not really! Until Apple will do some serious work with Panther and lower at least $300-$400 all the PowerMacs there is nothing to spread around...

-Look mate, User Switching!
-Yeah, end? XP had it 2 years ago...
-But is a Fast User Switching with a 3D cube animation!
-Yeah, end? Imagine what Longhorn will do! It will spin in circles at the same time as the cube turns around...
-But Longhorn will not come out until...
-Why is Panther out?
-But it will be out later this year...
-And? M$ will showcase this fall a revamped Longhorn which even in beta form will shred Panther just for fun...
-But we have Dual G5/64bit/2GHz rigs to...
-Be killed by Dual P4 this fall running >3.2GHz or Dual Opterons or Dual AMD64 or...
-Yeah, but the design of G5 is...
-Like an aluminum air conditioner... Gimme a break and switch to the Dark Side and let me be... Aaight?

:p :D ;)

:p

drustar..i agree. But i was happy before this, now i am ecstatic.
hulkaros...it is typical of what they would say, regardless, who cares about pc users opinions besides the companies catering to them.

What the hell is that? The new G5 is UGLY! It's a square box with handles and holes! Where is the finesse? Where is the alure? Where are the curves? At the rate Apple's going, it'll be another 5 years before they develop a better design than this!

Good Lord, I think I might cry.

Exactly, I think that's what I really like about the case - it's very minimalist, very industrial looking. Much better than the high end PC cases, with windows and lights in them in stuff.

i love the new case. sleek, slim, stark, minimalist. Ive outdid himself.

and for the record, i HATE those damn PC cases with transparent sides and neon lights and blinkers on the CPU fan. woof. talk about ugly.

The more I see of the case, the more I love it.

The first badly snapped pictures from the show did it no justice at all. I thought it was ugly as anything.

But now I can't wait to get hold of one.

My one concern though is that it's going to get pretty dusty in there pretty quick.

I also loved this image on Apple's site of the difference between the insides of a PC and the G5. PC = crammed in, cables everywhere, G5 = nice and neat, well laid out, not a cable to be seen:

http://a1344.g.akamai.net/7/1344/51...com/powermac/images/designclutter06232003.jpg

Originally posted by arden
What the hell is that? The new G5 is UGLY! It's a square box with handles and holes! Where is the finesse? Where is the alure? Where are the curves? At the rate Apple's going, it'll be another 5 years before they develop a better design than this!

Good Lord, I think I might cry.

i think the case looks good or better. to think of it - now you can justify spending your money on a G5 because the outside casing is not made of plastic this time.

you know what those holes are for right? it's too cool your G5!

Back