This is probably the closest real vision of the new iMac.

BlingBling 3k12

Somewhere... dunno though
Check out the attachment... That's got to be the most reality based version of the next iMac.

Attachments

• jamesflowers.jpg
    jamesflowers.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 412
Where did you get that picture?
I have heard that soon will be a Mac expo in USA and Steve Jobs will announce the new iMac and other new products. When will this take place?
Thank you!

LOL ;)

And you have to fold the CD to 2 inch before you insert it ;)

Oh, and those speakers don't need power. Induction.

I have seen good, believable designs, but this has "some" flaws

... this IS a realistic design. It's not totally flat -- where the DVD/CD drive is, if you think about it of course you don't fold 'em (!). There's a full size drive in there, forming a "prop" base for the main unit.

Wireless speakers in the feet? Eh, I don't think so.
And, if this picture isn't manipulated, -why is the screen exactly the same as the 10.1 picture at http://www.apple.com/pr ?
I could've done better myself :p :rolleyes:

I don't think this was supposed to be a photo.
It's just a sketch.
Personally, I think apple wouldn't make it look so much like the flat panel displays.

Originally posted by dlookus
I don't think this was supposed to be a photo.
It's just a sketch.
Personally, I think apple wouldn't make it look so much like the flat panel displays.

Yeah, of course it isn't meant to look like a photo, it was just a sarcastic reply to the other posts here, they seem to mean it looks *real* :rolleyes:

this IS a realistic design
Actually it isn't. It's FULL of flaws ;)

I just said it's a realistic design. Which it is. At no time did I say it's the final design; it clearly ISN'T.

The leg at the back would be at the rear of the drive casing, and would form a tripod along with the two front legs for the flat panel screen. Does no-one remember the 20th anniversary Mac? That had an apparently "flat" frontage whilst still accommodating a CD-ROM drive.

Jeez. Someone stop the coffee!

'ell, the Spartacus CD-ROM design was quite different, there the CD bay was somewhat like a vertical diskman... :rooleyes: And I guess a flat-panel iMac would be like the cube, with a slot-loading CD-ROM on the top. That'd be WAAY cool :D

Any of you ever think that people make these prototypes for fun? I personally think that as far as the design goes, it might just be close.

Here's where it blows it:

1Ghz PowerPC G4
256 MB SDRAM
80 Gb Ultra ATA HD
Combo Drive
nVidia GeForce 2 MX
Gigabit Ethernet
56k Modem
15 Inch LCD
2 USB and 2 Gigawire ports

Starting at $999

The price would be more realistic at $1699.

$1999 for Superdrive.

ok... it was realistic, sorta what could possibly appear... i never said THIS IS IT! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE!... it's just a pretty realistic design that hasn't gone over the top (like some others)

and about that price... if it wasn't very cheap, we'd have another cube disaster...

Its obviously not real.

But look at it this way:
*if* apple indeed creates LCD imacs, wouldn't they look somewhat like that?

If I know Apple right, they will make the iMac a way that no-one has ever though of before. Not like any of the sketches...
That's their trademark "Think Different"

What do you think? Will Apple continue the "multi-color" iMac or will it be flat-white without any color options like the iBook?

I guess they will make it plain white...I think they want to get rid of this "iMac = toy" thing...the white look is a bit more mature IMHO

thank you kilowatt!

it's just something that looks like Apple would make

and yes, I could also create better, but I don't have such vast photoshop capabilities... just regular pencil and paper skills...

hey ulrik, are you saying i'm not mature because my imac is purple? better get the gloves out buddy. we're going to fists!!!

punch, punch, whack, kick, kick, stomp!!

and one more stomp for good measure!!!

he he:p

I like some of these mock-ups too, but my personal prediction is that the new imacs are going to be much more curvasious, not just a box on the back of a LCD monitor. It will sure be great to finally just see the damn thing.

Well, Ed, what I meant was that if you are not familiar with the specs of an iMac, the current models in fact imply that while it might look "cool" and hip, it looks like a computer that doesn't has much power. But we all now better, the G3 is one of the best processors out there, considering it's cost. The clean, white look might look a bit more like a "mature" computer to others. Then again, what do we care about others, right? ;)

Anyhow, I both like the old style (in fact, I am still trying to get a cheap, old iBook) of the i-line and the new, white style.

Anyhow, it's gonna be a cool thing(tm) ;)

I personally think that this is a flawed design basically because of the optical drive. If anything, the drive would be on the side, oriented vertically, so it would actually fit into the LCD design that is posted in this picture here. Also of note is the comment about the speakers -- they'd have to be wireless if you don't see any wires in the translucent part of the base.

It would be kind of cool to see an iMac like that, though.... :D

Just.... 4..... more..... days....... *hyperventilate* *hyperventilate*

Back