This is the real flat iMac!

That is Apple circa 1989, their is no way they would have Apple written across the front and we all know they would do a hell of a lot better designing this thing. Their is no reason for it to be this big.

Obviously not rooted in reality, your posts have succumbed to the depths of depravity and nonsense, and henceforth thou shalt be known as "King Hornswaggle" and his "Band of Prancing Nasties."

I can't believe MacWorld made that thing so ugly. Or that you would subject me to a 5 year old magazine cover. Perhaps a hot poker in your "disk drive" will quell your desire to waste my time. Or perhaps it will just content me with your screams of torment.

Either way, I'm heating up the poker now.

Originally posted by thedbp

Perhaps a hot poker in your "disk drive" will quell your desire to waste my time.

there, there, you shan't flatter yourself so. our desire is not to waste the time of you, inasmuch we are wasting our own time. the fact that you voluntarily take part in this should lead to your own introspective criticism. if the hot poker in the disk drive is your thing, that, once again, is your own problem rearing its ugly head.
don't shift blame.

ready the poker!

Hmm... I don't want to be burned at a stake, but what's the sense in making an LCD computer with very limited expansion capabilities in the face of an iBook & PowerBook anyway?

And *NO* I don't think Apple would 'soup up' such a terribly ugly beast like that keyboard-o-PC.

Apple: Why not just skip the iMac and make a notebook that fits in the middle of the iBook and PowerBook? Use the cheap 13.3" TFTs at 1024*768 and it'll be a fine machine. And portable, too.

The days of desktop computers are numbered. Only the highest end desktops will survive.

Originally posted by Noc
Anyone think that the new iMac might be an "apple stylized" version of this?

https://www.cybernetman.com/default.cfm?DocId=602

ya know, this reminds me of the Amigas. I believe the A500 A1200 and A1500 (was there a 1500?) were designed like that... minus the flatpanel, but the keyboard with built in HD, Floppy, etc. So its an OK idea I guess, but honestly, not very revolutionary, and besides – what happens when you spill grape kool-aid into your keyboard?!?!

Back