this seems suspicious???

culo77

Registered
I am an idiot,

And maybe I am missing something, but I find a connection between the things I circled on the apple switch ad. Maybe its an international DJ symbol and i dont know it.

I was bored at work and saw this connection.

So if anyone noticed this too tell me what I am missing. (besides a brain)

pcdj

Attachments

• red1.jpg
    red1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 159
The chic in that ad IS a DJ, so maybe she works for that software company or something. Odd, though. Good eye!

That my friend, is a 45 Spindle. They were used to put inside the middle of 45 RPM records (known as a "single" in the business) so that they would play on standard turntables.

I have to admit I wasn't looking at the symbol... I was distracted by her... ah smile. ;)

Buy yeah, she says she is a DJ, so that would explain the logo. You're not dumb at all culo77, I'm very impressed you found this.

It's funny though to have this person in the switch ad. If she is a DJ and likes a program enough like PC-DJ Red (Which is a pretty good program for the PC), why would she switch to the Mac if they currently have no solution as good and functional as it's PC counter-part.

I've search around and have not found any decent DJ mixin' apps for OS X. Baytex Party pro is not even close, Disco 1.0 for OS 9 looked like it had potential, and Mega-Seg is more of a radio station automation software and should not be categorized with DJ mixing software.

I do like to mix (check the sig) and right now nothing beats having actual hardware, but PC-DJ and BPM Studio for the PC are very good alternatives. Hopefully with the recent aquisitions that Apple made will help in bring more audiophiles into OS X. I know there are other audio fields that have good audio hardware for OS X (midi instruments and synths) out there that work great in OS X, but just would like Apple to fill the gap and get the house party goin'.

I'm a long time Mac user and indeed have been called a Mac Bigot, but anyway I am a bit frustrated by the lack of DJ software on the Mac. I mix vinyl, but I also like to make compilations for friends and such using MP3's, especially rare ones you can't seem to find on vinyl, so anyway, I've turned to Virtual PC and am using MixMeister. As I don't need the ability to mix MP3's live it works quite well (if not slowly). It's really an amazing program that has accurate automatic BPM detection as well as an amazing ability to make great sounding mixes with little manual adjustment. Anyway, I would love to see such a cool and cheap ($40) come to the Mac. I actually know someone that knows the main programmer, he's going to put in a word for us Mac users. Perhaps...

To answer in a family-friendly manner, "rear section".

But then, almost any word you could come up with means something more or less offensive in another language, or at least sounds funny or even ridiculous.

Then again, he might've picked the name on purpose... which is cool by me.

Yes i did Pick the name "Culo" and i do know what it means in spanish.
It was my nick name through HighSchool and College and on the Basketball court all around Chicago. (Plus a Few in Champaign, IL)

But on the Dj software thing I still Use My PC just For "PCDJ-Red" and to use "Acid pro 3" and "soundforge". But if Mac OSX comes out with a better or similar counterpart for those I wont need to use two computers.

Hey "sjb2016" I used to mix vinyl untill 5 years ago the broke into my buddy's basment got broken into and they took $12,000 of equipment and ALL MY RECORD CRATES with orginal house tracks i got from a neighborhood buddy that was a radio mix Dj in chicago from the 80's. He gave me all his doubles to help me when i first started to spin.......YES I AM STIIL BITTER CAUSE OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago ....Home of house music:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

It's for putting those small vinyl records onto a turntable, because the small ones have huge centre holes.

DJ apps are on their way fella's. Just stick around a little while, like...um...say...2 months after the official release of 10.2 you should see a new app out for DJing on Mac OSX. There already is an "blue collar" DJ app out, but it's boring and pretty much useless for "real" DJ's. Get it as follows:

http://www.red-boy.net

And find someplace that says "DJ Mix" click it.

Back