Thoughts on the Keynote?

Overall thoughts.

• Awe-inspiring. Great line-up better than I expected

• Alright, I can deal. There is some cool stuff.

• Eh. Whatever

• Gross disappointment.

Results are only viewable after voting.

twyg

Back to Mac Baby!
So people, thoughts?

Overall great? Extreme disappointment? Is this what we've been waiting for? Personally I feel that Apple has finally gotten the picture. Make it cheap, make it fast, and get it out the door!

Apple, you might just have done it right this time!

AIM: twygj

I hope that Apple is able to ride it out through this difficult time. Obviously Motorola is dead in the water. Hopefully this "smoke and mirrors" show will work for them. Apple is all we have.

Apple's existing products are awesome, but without faster hardware they are even further increasing the Megahertz gap, and a lot of people will choose Dell and other clones because of this factor alone.

Hopefully the new iMac will do extremely well. I personally don't like the design. It is cool, but just not my taste. I think it has mass appeal potential though.

Overall...

iphoto is going to be huge, although he spend way to much time on it.

No new ipods, no new G4 powermacs (like the quicksilver), and no mac os x 10.2.

And to top it off, we have the ugliest computer ever, the new iMac.

It may grow on me, though. Jobs has quite a vision for modern computing, and thats what counts.

I was interested to see what the new offering would be. I need to replace my machine and I figured I had about $2000 to spend. Nice to know that I can buy a "top o the line" iMac under budget and have more machine than I could at this time last year for the same amount.

Keynote was good....I had to laugh....it seems like there is always *one* thing that doesn't work quite right (this time the iPod sync). Ha!

I do want one of those new iMacs though. Way cool.

The iPhoto rulez.....I need to download it today.

They Keynote itself was great. I've never watched a Keynote for ANY company, for this one I actually went down to our Apple Store and watched it on their satellite feed.

I was quite impressed, though. Steve Jobs is an awesome salesman .. the guy has some mad charisma and is great at public speaking. iPhoto is going to be SAAAWEEEEEET! (to bad I'm still stuck in 9.2) The new iMacs are really cool too, they'll just take some getting used to. Great job though, it was worth my 2 hours.

It was a well run keynote. Please think on how difficult it really is to be a really good public speaker and to get something like this ready.

It is a massive work of engineering and stuff.

Dani++

Yeah, jobs performed more than admirally. Very slick performance.

I did miss the pentium-crushing. No more benchmarks. I was really really looking forward to seeing the dual 1.4ghz g4 up against some athalon monstrosity.

Back