THPS 2: 9.1 vs 10.1.1

NielZ

Registered
This morning my brother and I were playing THPS 2, he on the family's 350 mhz blueberry iMac with OS 9.1, I on my 450 mhz Ruby with OS X 10.1.1. We both picked free skate, we choose exáct the same skater (a basic one, no stats or something bougth), and we choose the same level (Hangar). My brother easily managed to make a 900, while I was having a hard time to make a 720. When we switched mac's, it was the same. I was making 900's (and 540 crossbones; couldn't even dream about it on my Ruby), while my brother could hardly make a 720.
So people who run 9 can make better tricks and make more points? mmmmmmmz, "The fastest OS in the world". Maybe mr Hawk should read that sentence a couple a times... ;)

Well, the game runs fine for me under 9.2 and 10.1.1.
It might be that there are some other apps open on the machine running 10, which would slow down the system, as it can't take over all processing power, due to the nature of the system.

Yeah, i can def. do just as well under X as under 9, which does include 900s and 540 crossbones. I just make sure to close iTunes cause that really screws me when its open, when its playing a song its jsut awful. I find i can leave liek AIM open, but thats about it.

And when are we getting THPS3????

Back