Ti Book or iBook?

Neozzz

Registered
I'm thinking about buying a laptop for my graphic design classes.
just wondering which one i should get?
how much faster is the TiBook compare to the iBook?
can any one give me some pointers?

I think the two things you need to consider...

1) How much money is in your pocket
2) Screen size

Although I don't own either one, I own a Powerbook G3/400 (1999), I have played with both models at the stores, and as a sudo graphic designer, I woud love to have the wide screen the Ti provides.

The ibook screen at 12" is too small... my 14" on my Powerbook screen is just perfect, meaning... any smaller and it would not be useful.

But, if money is an issue... I'd almost rather you pick up a used G3/400 or 500 off ebay... than be stuck with a 12" screen... assuming that it was going to be your primary screen. If you are going to have a external monitor, and only use the laptop screen for mobile adventures, then you might be okay.

Admin

I totally agree with Admin...the 12" screen on the iBook is way to small to be of any use in graphic designing...the price diference on the PBG4 is worth the cost just for the nice 15 inch screen... I love my PBG4 :)

I dont do graphic design but I was also considering buying a ibook. Its a smaller machine but that also comes with a smaller price and a smaller screen. I ended up with a Ti 500 that was hardly used and got a GREAT deal on it through a friend of my bosses. After using this computer Im really glad i didnt go for the 12 inch screen. This thing is beautiful. If you have the money definetly go for the better machine

Back