TiBook getting HOT!!!

sebas

Dutch member
Hello,

My TiBook is getting realy hot when i'm playing/working with it.
sometimes i can't even touch the bottem, so hot.
is this normal??

Also it seems like my battery is getting faster empty.
When i've got it new, it last up for 3 / 3,5 hours.
But now only 2 hours.
Is this because i let him always standby (closed).

Which side is getting warm? Is it near the battery?? As for the short battery life it sounds like the battery is getting a memory. This is where the battery will not charge all the way. Did you calibrate your battery like Apple recommends?? I just got a TI PB today and the manual instructs you to charge the battery then operate the PB until you get a low battery warning then charge it fully. Apple recommends this be done during the first week of operation. Do you have any usb or firewire devices connected? These draw power from the buss and will cause your battery to drain quicker.;)

The bottem near the processor is getting verry hot.
it seems that this occures when the processor has a lot to work.
like watching a dvd-movie, playing a game like tombraider or heavy photoshop calculations.

and i've charged it the first time and then worked with it until the computer complained that battery was almost empty (about 5 min.)
I don't have anny devices connected to he TiBook.
I have installed a 48 gb harddrive, but i think that is not the problem.
Maybe because whem i'm not working with him i keep him at stand by.

My 400mhz gets hot too. Verrrrry hot.
But then again I'm using it at a high load most of the time... compiling code and running virtual PC etc.

As for the battery, TiBook batteries are (I believe) Lithium Ion, these supposedly don't have the "memory" problem of NiMh batteries of a fewyears back. It maybe that you're leaving it in sleep mode while not using it.

I have two batteries and both last about the same amount of time (most of the afternoon if I'm in meetings.)

One thing though, if you're on battery and want it to last, turn down that massive bright display a tad.

:)

Simon

The battery is better now.
I've worked with it until the computer turns himselve in sleep to save the memory before i charge him again.
Know i can work for 3.25 hours with the battery.
accept when i use the dvd-player.
this cuts the time by 1 hour.
I have ordered a new battery, so i can work longer on batteries.
It is only frustrating that it takes so long to get these things in Holland.

the monitor is always 2 stipes darker, becaus when i turn him to the brightest level.
I hear a verry high tone and that is verry irritating.

does anyone knows if the airport takes a lot of power from the battery?? :confused:

Back