TiBook mercury won't power up

macosy

Registered
I got a used G4 powerbook that would not react at all to the power-up button. I think it is a tibook mercury. it is older than gigabit ethernet machine, and has a single apple key on the keyboard, vents on back, bottom and sides.

I have it's original power adapter (a circular, cord management device) which when connected to the powerbook shows no light at all. I also have a power adapter from an ibook (white rectangular adapter) which when connected to the powerbook shows amber-orange colored light. the powerbook battery has no lights on it at all, although the power cord was connected to the powerbook for 24 hours now.

I have tried to reset the PMU by pressing the button on the back panel, with the battery inserted and ejected. but there is still no reaction when attempting to turn the machine on.
I know this powerbook was working in the past. it has os 10.2.8 installed and on original CD. I also have a G4 powermac which I work with regularly.

Is there anything I can do to try and troubleshoot this powerbook? Anything I can do to get it up and running utilizing my powermac G4 10.2.8?

I am trying to figure out if a fix is feasible both technically and financially, considering this is an old machine and has little value. If not Ill just give it back to its original owner.
your help is appreciated
Thanks

Back