TiBook

Da_iMac_Daddy

Not-so-Neo-DumbA$$
Hit me up with some rumors or speculations... I really would like a TiBook but am gonna get the Powermac unless apple comes out with a new Powerbook before a month from now. Give me your thoughts ideas when/what/when? gimme gimme gimme.

more than likely it'll be a little longer than a month before the newer powerbooks are out. But of course nobody knows for sure.

Yup. It's all about the MacWorld Expos, twice a year. One in the summer one in the winter. Yay for new products.

the macworld expos have lately been about 'i'-products like the iPod or the iMac, as well as about software introductions. 'power' hardware however, as well as the iBooks, have been introduced inbetween.

rumours are that new powerbooks should arrive by the end of october. however, these are rumours, don't forget that. but the DVI models have been around for quite a long time, so it certainly makes no sense to update them right now.

my sources tell me that apple is in the final testing stages of the new powerbooks - and that it's all about what processors will appear. apparently, the new iBooks are set to be released as either 700 and 800 MHz models or 800 and 900 MHz models, but they're depending on whether the G4 to be used in the new TiBooks will be available in large enough quantities at 1022 MHz. if the Ti's will use 867 and 933 MHz processors instead, the iBooks are going to be released at 700 and 800 MHz.

BUT the goal is to release both new lines by the end of October.

There have been talks about 1G TiBooks... I have been holding back and hoping for something good to happen soon... just hoping...

You have a nice iBook there. It's well worth to wait a bit, isn't it? If I were you I'd even wait and see what the new iBooks are bringing along.

Honestly, the keys on the iBook are a little annoying as compared to the Wallstreet powerbooks. I think the Wallstreet keys are of a better build and they feel more solid. I have been thinking of selling the iBook (dun make offers to me unless you are in Singapore.. lol) and putting the money aside to see what our fav fruit company has to offer in the coming month.

Originally posted by plastic
I have been thinking of selling the iBook (dun make offers to me unless you are in Singapore.. lol)

*Puts his checkbook away and grumbles* :p :D
Need a 'Book badly... dangit! :)

I'm intent on buying a 700MHz ibook in the very near future. Based on what I've read here I think I'll wait until at least the end of October, but I have two questions for the experts:

1. When the new ibooks come out, will the current models (based on past experience) be put on sale?

2. Will the new ibook prices be about the same as the current prices? (again, based on what's happened in the past)

Thanks.

I think Apple is enjoying pretty good sales with iBook, and they have been able to keep the stock quantity low (clear the warehouse, then production make up for backlog if any)... unlike the iMac though... they are overstocked and the sales dept are stressed like hell to find ways to get them out of the warehouse as soon as possible (something new around the corner?)

If you are lucky, some stockist for iBooks will reduce their price when the new models roll out. That was how I got my Prismo 400 back then, at a very good, low price.

Prismo 400 back then, at a very good, low price.
heck I got my PISMO 500 (DVD,20GB,384MB, ZIP, Floppy) for 740$ about 3 weeks ago... cant go wrong with that... I just wish the screen had a higher res than 1024*768...

Back