Tiger And Quark 5

MrEvilGoat

Registered
In Tiger, when I go to print in Quark 5 (Classic Mode), everything stops for a while and then a message comes up:

Connection failed

This file server is running on your machine. Please access the volumes and files locally.

I hit "ok" and it proceeds to the print dialog window. From there, if I need to make a postscript and "save-to-file" I have to hit the printer button. Again it stops and then a message comes up:

Connection failed

The server may not exist or it is not operational at this time. Check the server name or IP address and try again.

I don't know why this is happening. It has only started since Tiger was installed. ALSO when I do print, it just doesn't work. Has ANYONE experienced a similar problem? Also I've noticed that on ALL machines running Tiger, I can't connect to classic computer, but they can connect to me.

Thank you for your time!

-MrEvilGoat

I've been having the same problem but mine is from printing from any application in Classic. Quark, Freehand, Illustrator, etc… Selecting a printer in the chooser everytime is the only thing that lets me print. I have to do it everytime I print though. Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated. I've even reinstalled classic as well as the applications, and reinstalled Tiger.

Back