Tiger BlueTooth question

pkmouse

Registered
I'm getting a Mac mini (without the internal Bluetooth module) soon and will upgrade to OS 10.4 Tiger once received. I've heard that D-Link DBT-120 Bluetooth adapter does work on older version of Mac OS X, such as 10.2. Anybody know if DBT-120 would work on Tiger as well? Any other external Bluetooth adapters would work on Mac Mini with Tiger installed? Thank you.

Hi pkmouse and welcome to the forum.
Right now I am using the DBT-120 adapter on tiger. Works perfect as usual and as it did under panther. In principle all kind of bluetooth adapters will work on your mac with the only restriction that headset functionality won't be given. If you want to use a bluetooth headset with your mac, you have to pick the DBT-120. Otherwise any other adapter out there will do.

Zammy-Sam said:
Hi pkmouse and welcome to the forum.
Right now I am using the DBT-120 adapter on tiger. Works perfect as usual and as it did under panther. In principle all kind of bluetooth adapters will work on your mac with the only restriction that headset functionality won't be given. If you want to use a bluetooth headset with your mac, you have to pick the DBT-120. Otherwise any other adapter out there will do.

Thats wierd becasue i have a D-Link DBT-120 and i'm running Tiger. All is well for the bluetooth execpt for the fact that when I try to pair my Motorola bluetooth headset i get and message saying:

"Failed to set up headset. Headsets are not supported by your Bluetooth hardware."

so im not so sure about the headset support of the DBT-120

I didn't yet try my logitech bluetooth headset on tiger. However, with other bluetooth adapter, headsets were not even listed in the supported devices once you open the bluetooth connection assistent. I gonna test it and tell, if it's a tiger issue or only related to your settings.

Thanks Zammy-Sam for the information. I'm not going to use Bluetooth headset with the Mac. Just wanna to use something like BlueTooth wireless keyboard board and mouse, Palm sync and etc. As I noticed that, only a few of the BlueTooth USB adapters out there have the spec. stated that it would work with Mac OSX (10.2 or later). Most of them are for Windows platform only. I think I'm going to get a DBT-120 since yours work fine with Tiger.
Thank You.

No, I did a clean install. I can force it to sleep, but won't automatically do it after any set amount of time. Of course it goes to sleep without bluetooth just fine.

Ok, I just installed the Apple Bluetooth module and all is well. Maybe it had something to do with the Dlink USB? Don't know for sure.

Back