Tiger bundled w/ iLife??

clamshellibooks

Registered
There is a bundle from Apple that stops at the end of May: you can purchase Tiger, iLife '05, and iWork '05 all together for $250. You're not saving too much if you buy them seperatly, but i already purchased iWork from somewhere else. Does anyone think they'll have that deal where if you purchase Tiger and iLife together, you get the rebate for iLife off? If they do, when will it be?

Well: I guess not. They do the complete bundle, but that seems to be it. But if it's not a big difference in price, anyway: Why not get iLife and Tiger separately?

Also keep in mind that buying a Mac mini now will give you iLife and Tiger. Maybe that's a nice option? ;)

Lycander said:
If I upgrade to Tiger can I still use the iLife apps that came with my Panther CDs?

Yea, if the installer wont work for them all you got to do is put in the CD and browse it in Terminal using ls -a to show hidden directories, all the iLife packages should be in a folder called Packages or .packages, just install the packages individually.

and if you just update to tiger from panther, your iLife '04 apps will just continue working.

I'm currently using Jaguar and have pre-ordered Tiger. As I see it, iLife '05 includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, Garageband and iDVD. Since I'm not interested in iMovie, Garageband and iDVD (and iTunes is available as a free download) the only program I will be behind on once I upgrade to Tiger will be iPhoto.

My question is whether the purchase of iLife will be worth it just for this purpose and whether I've got all the facts straight.

Also, I want to do a clean install of Tiger. Presumably this will delete all my previous iLife apps. Can I just reinstall my old apps?

Thanks.

Without a problem. And yes, you've got that correct about the iLife apps, too. Whether the price for iPhoto is right for you: Who knows how into photos you really are but yourself?

Back